Today we are going to learn how to make from scratch vegan shrimp recipe, easy and delicious plant-based seafood.
How can we be responsible for killing hundreds of shrimps each year, just for our “pleasure?”
Well, we can’t. And this is why we developed a recipe that still has the bite and taste of the shrimps, but it actually hurts none of them.
This recipe is also very easy to prepare and very cheap, so you can enjoy it even a few times a week.
Here’s how to prepare it:
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
The ingredients for 4 servings are:
- 14 oz King Oyster Mushroom Stems
- 18 oz Warm Water
- 4 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp Rice Starch
- ½ tbsp Turmeric
- ½ tbsp Paprika
- 4 oz Dried Nori Seaweed Sheets
- 2 oz Wakame Seaweed
These are the steps to prepare this recipe:
- Start by cutting the king oyster mushroom stems into tiny shrimp looking pieces
- Pour the water into the blender.
- Blend with a pinch of salt and the nori seaweed and the wakame
- Place the king oyster mushroom stems in a bowl and cover them with the water mixture we prepared now.
- Allow them to rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- In the meantime, we can prepare the breading:
- Mix the rice flour and the starch with the turmeric and the paprika to get a slight orange/pink color, add a pinch of salt to it, and dip the king oyster mushroom stems in it.
- After that, simply deep-fry the vegan shrimps in a skillet using vegetable oil
- Cook them until they turn golden brown.
- Serve sprinkled with a pinch of black pepper and some salt.
- I usually love to complement them with a mix of ketchup and vegan mayonnaise.
- These shrimps are also perfect to stuff a lasagna or when preparing sandwiches.
- A great idea of a sauce to complement these shrimps is a vegan remoulade sauce:
- Simply mix 2 tbsp of vegan mayonnaise with 1 tbsp of crushed capers, 1 tbsp of diced cucumber, and 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
We hope that you have enjoyed our vegan shrimp recipe, please let us know in the comments how it turned out for you, and remember to check our website regularly for new updates and tasty vegan recipes.