Did you enjoy Big Mac before you went vegan, or you were always vegan but wondered what’s all the fuss about? No worries, you can still enjoy this mega-popular burger. A vegan Big Mac is just as delicious, if not more!
Even a few ingredients can give an amazing taste to your recipe if you use them wisely. Not every ingredient is for every recipe.
Vegan Big Mac Sauce
The Big Mac is one of McDonald’s’ most beloved menu items. In fact, a simple Google search for the Big Mac turns up dozens of recipes for how to make a Big Mac at home.
Although these burgers may be tasty, they are not Big Macs. This is not because these recipes lack the ingredients of the Big Mac. It is because these recipes lack the secret sauce, and in this case, it needs to taste the same and be vegan-friendly.
But don’t worry, after a few trials I’ve finally cracked the code for Vegan Big Mac Copycat Sauce with just the right amount of well-known ingredients, and that’s where the key is.
Vegan Big Mac Patties
Vegan recipes are not easy to be formulated. You really have to think hard about the alternatives. You consider taste and representations both at the same time. Today’s recipe addresses fast food lovers.
Ingredients are simple and contain homemade vegan burgers in the list. It is suggested to use homemade instead of store-bought. If you are not willing to cook at home, buy them. We always suggest healthy choices.
It is an American Cuisine and is rich in calorie content. Diet-conscious people should consider nutrition details before deciding on this as the menu. If you can manage these calories, then don’t miss the chance and prepare it at home.
Pin the image below if you like this Vegan Big Mac Recipe!
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
- Hamburger buns
- Vegan Burger Patties
- Soft Vegan Butter – 2 tbsp
- Vegan Cheese slices
- Vegan Big Mac Sauce – ⅓ cup
- Finely chopped Greens (romaine or iceberg) – 1 cup
- Minced onions – 3 tbsp
- Sliced Pickles – 15
For Vegan Big Mac Sauce
- 1/2 Cup of vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp of vegan French dressing
- 4 tsp of sweet pickle relish
- 1 tbsp of minced onion
- 1 tsp of white vinegar
- 1 tsp of granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard
- pinch of salt
Instructions below are only on how to prepare the buns and how to assemble the Big Mac. The recipe for vegan burgers is mentioned in the section “Cooking Tips”.
For Big Mac Sauce
- Combine all the ingredients using a small mixing bowl, and stir until it’s well mixed.
- Cover the bowl and let it chill in the fridge for a few hours. Stir the sauce a few times during this period.
Big Mac Burger
- Vegan burgers can be cooked as per the package instructions.
- Take five buns, spread vegan butter over the cut side. Now, on the griddle, place them like buttered side down. Cook until they turn light brown in colour.
- Use remaining buns to prepare five middle buns. For the bottom buns, use 3 of them as they are, and only cut the two buns at the top. Remove the silver from the top surface to prepare two more middle buns.
- Apply butter on both sides of the middle buns. Now, toast the sides.
- Prepare the vegan Big Macs. Take a start from the bottom bun. Apply the toppings including Big Mac sauce, onions, lettuce, cheese and vegan patties.
- For the middle buns, use sauce, minced onions, lettuce piece, patty, three pickle slices, and the top bun.
Per each serving, you will get 580 kcal of calories, 75 grams of carbs, 16 grams of proteins, 10 grams of fiber, and 5.5 mg of iron.
Cooking Tips for Big Mac Vegan Patties
You can prepare the vegan patties at home or you can buy them like Impossible Burgers. To prepare a vegan burger at home, here are the ingredients.
- Can pinto Beans – 15 oz
- Ground flax seeds – 1 tbsp (rinsed and drained)
- Corn Starch – 1 tbsp
- Dried Chopped Onions – 1 tbsp
- Garlic Powder – 1 tbsp
- Celery Seeds – ½ tsp
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Cornmeal – 3 tbsp
- Nutritional yeast flakes – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Cooked red quinoa – 1 cup
- Water – 1 or 2 tbsp
- Take a food processor and add in all the ingredients excluding red quinoa and water. It will take a few seconds to prepare the mixture for patties. Using a spatula, move the ingredients to the bottom of the processor. Grin again. Keep doing this until all ingredients are well combined.
- In this mixture, add cooked red quinoa and switch on the processor again.
- If the consistency is fine then it’s okay otherwise add one or two spoons of water to add some moisture. Mix and make eight patties.
- Turn on medium flame, and put a cooking pan on it. Spray vegetable oil and add the burgers. On the uncooked patties, sprinkle pepper and salt. Now cook the patties till they get brown. It may take five minutes for each side. Keep doing this to all the leftover patties.
- Put these patties in the microwave at low temperature to keep them warm while you assemble the other burger ingredients.
How to make Big Mac Sauce?
It goes without saying that you cannot have a Big Mac burger without Big Mac Sauce. Big Mac Sauce at home to add extra flavor to your vegan Big Mac. Ingredients needed for the recipe include vegan mayo, minced onions, sugar, vegan French dressing, vinegar and sweet relish.
As I’ve stated before in this article, the key is in the right amount of ingredients, so just follow the instructions and you’re good!
You can use this sauce on any vegan kind of burger or hot dogs and even on your grilled cheese sandwiches.
Can I cook vegan Big Mac 4 to 5 hours earlier than the serving hour?
No, it is not recommended because they taste good when are served hot. Microwave is also not suggested as it will spoil the taste.
This is a delicious recipe that taste good, is easy to make, and will leave you feeling satisfied. Whether you are looking for something to eat for lunch or a hearty meal for dinner, there is something for everyone on our blog. Vegan Big Mac is another worthy addition to the list of recipes for Vegans. Prepare it for the dinner and invite your colleagues. Let them appreciate your cooking skills. You can take the whole credit. We answered some FAQs, if you have any other than these, then feel free to comment and we will reply to you there.
We hope you enjoyed our vegan recipe for the Big Mac! We appreciate you reading this post, and we hope this Big Mac recipe is as tasty as the original! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please comment. Thank you for reading and spending time on our blog! Meet you in the next post about another Vegan recipe.