This post may contain affiliate links
Panda Express eggplant tofu is the famous entrée in Panda Express and is made on local demand only. It is a combo dish, and it is made in 30 minutes. It is available in selected local regions and stores.
Panda Express eggplant tofu is made with stir fry eggplant and tofu. Red bell pepper is added to this; in the last, it is coated with the sauce. The rich, thick, brown, and spicy sauce is garlic and ginger.
Did you want to try the recipe for Panda Express eggplant tofu? This article will find all the related things about eggplant tofu with the ingredient and the recipe. You can try the eggplant tofu recipe from this and make a spicy and flavored dish for you and your family.
Tips & Tricks in making the recipe
You can follow pro tips before starting the recipe. Following are the pro tips:
- Ready all the cooking tools and ingredients before starting the recipe.
- First of all, make the sauce and add cornstarch to thick.
- Make sure there are no lumps in the sauce while stirring the cornstarch.
- Absorb the extra oil in the tofu and eggplant using paper towel-lined plates.
- You can add the salt to the eggplant 20 minutes before cooking to remove the moisture.
FAQ ABOUT THE EGGPLANT TOFU RECIPE
What to serve with the Panda Express Eggplant tofu?
Panda Express eggplant tofu is the main entrée, and it can be served with vegan chow Mein, vegan meatballs, vegan fried chicken, and vegan orange chicken.
Is eggplant tofu gluten-free?
No, the panda express eggplant tofu is not gluten-free, but you can use liquid aminos instead of soya sauce and arrowroot instead of cornstarch to make it gluten-free.
Is Panda Express eggplant tofu free of dairy products?
It is dairy-free and free of lactose. Panda Express eggplant is a plant-based dish.
Is eggplant tofu is good for health?
Eggplant tofu is enriched with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, which are very important for health. You can count eggplant tofu as a healthy dish.
Does Panda express still offer eggplant tofu?
Yes, eggplant tofu is available at selected restaurants. It has very high demand due to its taste and is a regional recipe.
Panda Express Eggplant Tofu Recipe
Ingredients in this eggplant tofu recipe are easily available in any grocery store. All the ingredients are inexpensive and can easily be stored. Here are all the ingredients for eggplant tofu:
- 1lb. Tofu
- 3 tbsp. Green onions
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. Rice wine
- 1 tbsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. Chili paste
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- ½ tbsp. Vegan Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. Basil leaves
- 1 Eggplant
Apart from the Rice wine, you can use olive oil or avocado oil. You can also use arrowroot as a thickener instead of cornstarch and stevia instead of sugar.
- Start the recipe by draining and pressing the tofu. After pressing the tofu, cut it into cubes.
- Add all the ingredients to the mixing bowl for sauce making, whisk it together, and set aside. This will make only one cup of sauce. Don’t add cornstarch and water to it.
- Add three tablespoons of vegetable oil to the pan over medium-high heat. Add the cubes of tofu and fry them until they become golden brown. Drain the cubed tofu and set it aside.
- Now again, add more vegetable oil to the pan and eggplant. Stir this eggplant until it becomes soft and golden brown. If eggplants soak up the oil quickly, you can add more vegetable oil while frying it. Drain the eggplant on a separate paper and set it aside.
- Now add one tablespoon of oil to the pan, add a red pepper bell, and fry it for approximately 2 minutes, and then drain it and add it over the eggplant.
- Add vegetable oil to the wok and then add garlic, ginger, and red pepper chili flakes to the oil and fry it.
- Add cornstarch and water to the sauce. Stir it well. Please remove it from the pan after almost 30 seconds.
- Pour the sauce into the wok for 1 minute until it becomes thick.
- Add all the fry eggplant, tofu, and garlic sauce into the wok. Mix these ingredients until well-coated. Make sure that all the ingredients are well coated with the sauce.
- Now serve with basil leaves, a garnish of green onions, and sesame seeds.
Eggplant tofu contains 340 calories with 220kcal and is a cholesterol-free dish. Based on Panda Express, this dish has saturated fat of 3.5g, sodium at 520mg, carbs at 23g, protein at 7g, and sugar at 17g. These calories are based on pr servings.
Kitchen tools used for recipe:
It would be best if you had different tools for making the eggplant tofu. Following are the kitchen tools used in the recipe.
How to store the cooked Eggplant tofu
Store the cooked eggplant tofu in the airtight container and place it in the fridge. Use it within three days after cooking.
Different variations on Panda Express Eggplant Tofu
You can do some variations on Panda express eggplant tofu according to your preferences, and you can enhance the dish by doing different variations. Following are some variations that you can follow:
- More protein: if you want more protein in the eggplant tofu, you can add mushrooms, chickpea, nuts, and beans.
- Lower the fat: you can lower the fat in the recipe by reducing the oil. You can bake eggplants to reduce the fat.
- Spicy flavor: you can use red pepper flakes or chili paste for spicy eggplant tofu. This is especially for spicy food lovers.
- Gluten-free: liquid oil, and arrowroot, are used to get a gluten-free recipe.
Panda express eggplant tofu is good for health as it is rich in fibers, vitamins, and minerals. You can create eggplant tofu easily at home, and its ingredients are available at any local grocery store.
If you liked this recipe, you might want to try out this tofu Milanese recipe.
Pin & Share this Recipe