This post may contain affiliate links
Today I’ll teach you how to make, not one but 2 different recipes for Vegan Mochi Donut! Mochi Donuts, also known as “Pon de Ring Donuts” are fluffy, chewy, delicious and most importantly vegan.
Donuts are widely considered to be the most famous and beloved dessert in the world, and I am confident that you enjoy them as well. Have you ever been curious about the origins of this delectable sweet treat? I’m willing to bet you’ve never given it a second thought. Allow me to assure you that donuts can be found in various interesting varieties on every continent. Every country has developed its version of the donut.
For the sake of clarity, let’s define “Doughnut” and “Donut.” If you want to make it more interesting, you can make it with various fillings, a fried dough shape, or an unshaped piece that is later dipped into sugar syrup for flavor.
Introduction To Donuts:
Although Mochi Donuts and regular donuts have some similarities, the biggest difference is in the ingredients. The Dutch were responsible for bringing it to New York in the first place. Since then, the United States has developed numerous varieties of donuts consumed daily throughout the country.
Every country, it seems, has its own variation on the donut concept. It was traditional for them to deep fry the strips of dough before dipping them in sugar syrup, just as they did in ancient Rome and Greece. Even the Germans have their own distinct selection of donuts.
There’s an interesting story behind why donuts in the United States are made with a hole in the middle. Crockett Gregory is credited with inventing the modernized donut version. He asserted that a hole in the middle of the donut could potentially solve the problem of the uncooked region of the donut in the middle.
Easy Recipe For Vegan Mochi Donuts:
Donuts are a classic treat, but these vegan mochi donuts are a delicious alternative. In addition to being delicious, the vegan mochi donuts are addicting. One of a kind is exactly what we’re getting with this recipe!
For the Donuts:
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 cups of Tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup of oat milk
- 1/2 cup of plain unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of oat milk
- vanilla in the required quantity
- additional coloring of your choice (e.g., spirulina powder or strawberry juice, etc.)
Steps To Prepare Vegan Mochi Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the ingredients: tapioca flour, coconut sugar, and baking powder.
- Whisk together the cocoa yogurt, oat milk, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Combining the dry and wet ingredients from both bowls, stir them thoroughly at regular intervals.
- Make medium-sized balls with your hands and arrange them in a line on a baking sheet, making sure they are all in the same place and the same order. Form them into a donut shape by pressing them together.
- After that, place the baking tray in the oven, which has already been preheated, and bake for 15 minutes. Later, remove the baking tray from the oven and set it aside to cool completely before frosting.
- Now, let’s get to work on the icing. Mix all the ingredients for the icing according to the directions in the icing ingredients section previously.
- Now that the donuts have cooled, you can begin to decorate them with your favorite toppings, and, voila, you can enjoy a delicious donut.
Second Recipe For Vegan Mochi Donut:
FOR THE VEGAN DONUTS:
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 60 grams of sugar
- Baking powder (about 3.1 teaspoons)
- 110 g mochiko rice flour (a Japanese rice flour)
- Cake flour (110 g)
- 250 g silken tofu (vegetarian)
- 75 g of confectioners’ sugar, powdered
- non-dairy milk (about 1-2 tablespoons) (coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional).
For the matcha glaze, combine the following ingredients:
2 teaspoons of matcha of the highest quality.
For the Chocolate glaze: combine the following ingredients:
- 2. tablespoons of cocoa powder that has been Dutch-processed
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder (or equivalent).
NOTE: Preparation instructions for the donuts will be the same as those provided previously. However, do not forget to incorporate the additional ingredients from the list into this recipe.
The Glaze Preparation:
- As soon as you are finished with the donuts, set them aside to cool completely before applying the delicious chocolate glaze. Place all ingredients in a medium or small mixing bowl, including the vanilla, coconut milk (or whatever milk you prefer), sugar, and salt. Fill the container with the flavorings in the amounts specified in the instructions. Later, whisk in the chocolate until everything is well combined.
- Once the donuts are completely cool, dip them in the glaze and set them on a cooling rack to allow the excess glaze to drip off.
- Voila, you can enjoy a delicious donut.
The Chocolate Glaze Preparation:
1.Melt the chocolate in the oven or over a saucepan of simmering water.
2.Blend in a blender until the strawberries are smooth, about 30 seconds.
3.Take a bowl and tap the beads into the glaze.
NOTE: You can use any flavor in the glazing.
- Why should you use the bare minimum?
It is only necessary to use a small amount to save time and baking time. If you require a larger quantity, you can select the appropriate quantity based on your requirements.
- Is it necessary to use mochiko rice flour in this recipe?
If you want a crispy texture, you can get it by using mochiko rice flour, available in many stores.
- What should the temperature of the oil be?
You can check with a thermometer if necessary. If you don’t have one, you can use a wooden skewer instead. It should be used so that the end of the skewer is submerged in the oil. When you notice bubbles around the end of the piece, you will know that the temperature is appropriate.
- What if you are not a fan of frying?
The temperature in the oven should be around 350 degrees if you choose to bake them traditionally.
- What would you do with the donuts once they’re made?
I would recommend eating the donuts on the same day they are made, but if you need to store them, make sure to use an airtight container.