This post may contain affiliate links
Hey there, food lovers! Have you ever found yourself midway through a recipe when suddenly you realize you’re missing that one crucial ingredient — evaporated milk? And not just any evaporated milk, but the vegan kind? Trust me; we’ve all been there. But don’t worry! I have the perfect solution for you.
Today, I will share a super easy, utterly delicious Vegan Evaporated Milk recipe. This dairy-free wonder is a game-changer, my friends. It’s rich, and it’s creamy, and the best part? It’s 100% vegan! Whether you’re a dedicated vegan, lactose intolerant, or just looking to explore dairy alternatives, this recipe is your golden ticket.
Ready to revolutionize your culinary creations? Let’s dive right in! After all, who said that vegan cooking couldn’t be simple, satisfying, and oh-so-tasty? Not me, that’s for sure! Stay tuned, and let’s make some Vegan Evaporated Milk magic happen!
Tips & Tricks
- Choose the right base: When making vegan evaporated milk, the base milk you choose is crucial. While almond and soy milk can work, coconut milk tends to yield the best results due to its natural richness and creaminess.
- Keep an eye on the heat: While simmering your milk, make sure to maintain a gentle simmer. A rapid boil can lead to curdling or even burning the milk.
- Stir frequently: To prevent the milk from scorching or sticking to the bottom of the pan, remember to stir frequently.
- Patience is key: The process of evaporating the milk takes time, usually 1/2 to 1 hour. Patience is essential here. Rushing this process can affect the texture and taste of your evaporated milk.
- Adjust the sweetness: This recipe’s sugar can be adjusted to your preference. If you prefer a less sweet version, feel free to reduce the sugar.
- Storing the evaporated milk: Store your vegan evaporated milk in a clean, airtight container in the refrigerator. It can last up to a week. Shake well before using, as it may separate upon standing.
- Use it in various dishes: Vegan evaporated milk can be used in numerous recipes, from savory dishes to desserts. It’s a versatile ingredient, so feel free to experiment with it!
- Remember, practice makes perfect. Don’t be disheartened if your first batch isn’t flawless. Remember these tips, and soon you’ll be a pro at making your own Vegan Evaporated Milk!
Recipes where you can use Evaporated Milk
Vegan Evaporated Milk Recipe:
- 16 oz (2 cups) coconut milk (full-fat, unsweetened)
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) sugar
- Pour the coconut milk into a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the coconut milk to a gentle simmer. Make sure it doesn’t boil, as boiling may cause it to curdle or scorch.
- Continue to simmer the coconut milk until it has reduced by approximately half, occasionally stirring to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan or forming a film on the surface. This process may take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the heat and the size of your saucepan.
- Turn off the heat once the coconut milk has been reduced to around 8 oz (1 cup).
- Add the sugar to the saucepan and stir until it’s fully dissolved.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a heatproof bowl to remove any solids.
- Allow the vegan coconut evaporated milk to cool completely at room temperature. It will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Once thoroughly cooled, transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator until you plan to use it. Cover the container once the mixture has cooled completely.
And there you have it, folks! This amazing Vegan Evaporated Milk recipe is your new secret weapon in the kitchen. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan chef, a baking enthusiast, or just someone looking for delicious dairy alternatives, this recipe has got you covered.
It’s simple to make, versatile, and brings a delightful creaminess to all your favorite dishes. So go ahead, give it a try! You’re just one simmer away from a world of creamy, vegan goodness. Happy cooking!