Today I’m going to make a very decadent Vegan Bundt chocolate cake with ganache frosting. Bundt cake, known for its characteristics shape, goes best on any occasion. I know once you bake the cake, you want it as early as possible, but without a perfect décor, the cake won’t look tempting.
Your kids want to enjoy a chocolate cake with tea, and you might prefer it with coffee, but you are afraid of the lengthy décor steps that would make your cake acceptable to them. No worries, you are in a perfect place.
Gluten-Free Vegan Bundt Chocolate Cake
In short, cake making process takes time, but with Bundt cake, all you need is to bake the cake, top it up with your favorite ganache, and you are ready to go. Bundt cakes are so attractive because of their shape that you won’t need to adorn them any further.
This vegan chocolate cake recipe is oil-free, gluten-free and there will be no refined sugar. My recipe for Bundt cake, as an added benefit, is completely vegan.
Here’s everything you will need to make the best vegan chocolate Bundt cake.
Ingredients for cake preparation
- Gluten-free baking flour 2 cups
- 1 ripped banana (Mashed)
- Cocoa powder ½ cup
- Unsweetened apple sauce 2/3 cups
- Maple syrup 1 cup
- Almond milk 1 cup
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Baking soda 1.5 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract 1 tbsp.
- Vinegar 1 tbsp.
- Boiling water 1 cup
Ingredients for Ganache topping
- Coconut milk 2/3 cup
- Chocolate chips ½ cup
- Take 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and add it to a well-kept bowl.
- Then add in the vinegar. Thoroughly mix it and set it aside for about 8 to 12 minutes. This will help milk curdle.
- Take one larger bowl, add in the gluten-free baking flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Whisk the ingredients to ensure everything is combined well. Now we are done with the dry ingredients.
- Now let’s move on to the wet ingredients. Take a bowl and a stand mixer, start with mashing banana. Mash banana at a low speed and then gradually increase to high speed. It will end in a smooth banana paste. Make sure it’s completely smooth and lump-free. Once you are done with mashing the banana, switch to the paddle attachment.
- To the banana, add pure maple syrup, unsweetened apple sauce, vanilla extract, and curdled milk. Mix all the wet ingredients for about a minute.
- Next, add in the dry ingredients. Initially, start mixing slowly and then increase the speed.
- Scrape down the edges to ensure that everything is well mixed.
- Then, while the mixer is running, add hot water to achieve a runny cake batter consistency.
- Pour batter in the non-stick Bundt pan and bake the cake for about 55 minutes at 350 Fahrenheit.
- Remove the cake from the oven after the required time, transfer the cake to the wire rack, and let it cool for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare your chocolate topping.
Preparation of Ganache
- Take a pitcher, add in the heated coconut milk and vegan chocolate chips. Mix until all the chocolate gets melted.
- Now entirely cover your Bundt cake with ganache, and your vegan Bundt cake is ready to serve.
- You can also use any other plant-based milk of your choice, like oat milk.
- Never forget to pass the dry ingredients like cocoa powder and flour through the sieve when making a cake batter.
- Use good quality ingredients, especially cocoa powder, to end up with a perfect vegan chocolate Bundt cake.
- To prepare an oil-free vegan cake, use a non-stick Bundt pan. If you don’t have a non-stick pan, you can brush it with oil or melted butter and then dust it with flour. You won’t have any difficulty removing the cake this way.
- Keep in mind that the cake should not be allowed to cool entirely in the pan. Just wait for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and let it cool on the wire rack. If you leave the cake in the pan to cool fully, the hardened butter will hinder the cake releasing process.
Here are some roughly calculated nutrition facts about Vegan chocolate Bundt cake
Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 460
- Carbohydrates 65g
- Protein 1g
- Fat 21g
Can a cake rise well without using eggs?
Yes, you can skip eggs and still make your cake rise. All you have to do is modify the ingredients. In this recipe, I have added extra baking powder and baking soda that will give a soft fluffy texture to your cake. Not only vegans, but non-vegan too will love the cake alike.
Why did my cake become hard?
You might have overmixed the batter if your cake got dense and firm. As a result, don’t overwork the cake batter.
Can I use the classic cake batter recipe to make Bundt cakes?
To make Bundt cakes, I would not recommend using the layered cake recipe. The soft, fluffy texture of a perfect Bundt cake can only be achieved using this recipe. If you make a Bundt cake with the traditional recipe, it will be dense, dry, and have a thicker crust. This difference in texture can be attributed to the longer baking time required for Bundt cakes vs conventional cakes.
How to make a moist bundt cake?
Consider these two crucial tips if you want to bake a moist and soft cake. To begin, you must precisely weigh the items. Second, make sure the batter isn’t overmixed. Last but not least, your Bundt cakes should never be overbaked. Allow your oven to heat up before baking at a lower temperature. These simple yet effective strategies will ensure that your cake is moist and delicious.
There you have an easy and healthy recipe for chocolate Bundt cake. I’m sure your friends and family, especially kids, will admire this beautiful cake, and if they really did, don’t forget to share their comments with us. I hope you’ll try it at home and enjoy this amazing dessert.
Like and share this recipe with everyone you love.