This post may contain affiliate links
If you like garlicky yogurt sauce, you’ll adore this vegan Tzatziki! It’s ideal for dipping falafels, veggie skewers, or plain bread. It’s also really simple to create!
This Tzatziki dish is exploding with flavor using shredded cucumber, unsweetened plant-based yogurt, fresh dill, garlic, and a few other basic ingredients. It’s also high in nutrients and a good source of calcium owing to the fortified plant-based yogurt.
3 Reasons why this Vegan Tzatziki is Awesome
- Quick and easy to make: This recipe can be made in 10 minutes with only a few simple ingredients. It’s perfect for a quick, tasty dip for your favorite snacks or appetizers.
- Healthy and nutritious: This vegan Tzatziki recipe is made with plant-based yogurt fortified with calcium, making it a great source of this vital nutrient. It’s also low in calories and contains no added sugars or artificial ingredients.
- Versatile and delicious: This garlicky yogurt sauce is the perfect condiment for various dishes, including falafels, grilled vegetables, potato wedges, and even vegan gyros. It’s bursting with flavor and adds a creamy, tangy kick to any meal.
Tips & Tricks for this recipe
- Use a plant-based yogurt that is thick and creamy: To get the best texture for your vegan Tzatziki, choose a plant-based yogurt that is thick and creamy. If your yogurt is too thin, your Tzatziki will be watery and runny.
- Drain the cucumber well: It’s essential to drain the cucumber well after grating it to remove any excess water. This will prevent your Tzatziki from becoming too watery and diluting the flavor.
- Chill before serving: To allow the flavors to meld together and to get the best texture, it’s best to chill your Tzatziki in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will also make it easier to dip your favorite snacks into it.
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste: Feel free to adjust the amount of garlic, lemon juice, and dill in this recipe to suit your taste preferences. If you prefer a stronger garlic flavor, you can add more garlic. If you love the taste of dill, you can add more of it to your Tzatziki.
- Use fresh ingredients: For the best flavor, it’s important to use fresh ingredients when making this recipe. Fresh dill, garlic, and lemon juice will give your Tzatziki a bright, zesty flavor that can’t be beat.
What to Serve With?
- Falafel: Serve the vegan Tzatziki as a dip for homemade falafels. You can blend chickpeas, garlic, onion, fresh herbs, and spices and then fry them until crispy.
- Grilled Vegetable Skewers: Thread your favorite vegetables onto skewers and grill them until they’re tender and slightly charred. Serve with the vegan Tzatziki as a dip.
- Crispy AirFry Potatoes: Slice potatoes into wedges and toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven until crispy and golden brown. Serve with the vegan Tzatziki as a dip.
- Vegan Gyros: Stuff pita bread with sliced seitan, lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, and vegan Tzatziki sauce. This delicious vegan version of the Greek classic is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
Vegan Tzatziki Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Calories per Serving: Approximately 45 calories per serving (calculated using unsweetened soy yogurt)
- ½ cucumber, grated
- 1 cup (240 mL) unsweetened plant-based yogurt, preferably fortified with calcium
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (4 g) fresh dill, minced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- Using a box grater, grate the cucumber.
- Drain off the excess liquid by squeezing the grated cucumber firmly with your hands.
- Add the pressed cucumber and all the other ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix everything together until well combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious vegan Tzatziki with your favorite snacks!
- Store in an airtight container: To keep your vegan Tzatziki fresh, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help prevent it from drying out or absorbing any other flavors from your fridge.
- Use within 2 days: While this recipe can last a few days in the refrigerator, it’s best to use it within two days to ensure it stays fresh and flavorful.
- Stir well before serving: It may become slightly thicker or separated after storing your Tzatziki in the refrigerator. Before serving, please stir it well to ensure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Freeze for more extended storage: If you cannot use your Tzatziki within two days, you can freeze it for more extended storage. Simply place it in an airtight container or freezer bag and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before using, and give it a good stir to ensure that it’s well combined.
Did you Like this Recipe?
Follow the simple directions in this recipe to make delicious vegan Tzatziki. You’ll have a tasty dip ready in minutes, whether you’re entertaining guests or just snacking at home.
So, why not try this vegan Tzatziki recipe right now? We’re confident you’ll enjoy it! Don’t forget to express your thoughts in the comments section below. We’d love to know how it went for you.