This post may contain affiliate links
Are you sick of bland and monotonous side dishes? These flavorful, crispy, and unique air fryer baby potatoes will spice up your dinner. The plant-based butter, salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley that coat these small potatoes provide them with many flavors.
Plus, they are delicious at any meal because the outside is crispy and the inside is soft. Also, this recipe is so easy that even someone who has never cooked before can make it. However, don’t be fooled by how simple it is; these baby potatoes are suitable for pairing with almost every dish.
The Best Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
Do you ever think people add excessively many “additional ingredients” to their recipes? You are unable to identify what the main ingredient is anymore, right? Yup, me as well. Because of this, I like to keep things simple and allow quality ingredients to take center stage.
So when I saw baby potatoes at the grocery, I realized I had to use my trusted air fryer for cooking them. I suppose it’s not named an “air fryer” for no reason; it’s really the best kitchen tool for making potatoes that are flawlessly crispy and golden brown. It’s also very simple to use and easy to clean up.
In the process of thinking about what to put in my potato recipe, I got some plant-based butter, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, and thyme from my kitchen cupboard.
I let the potatoes cook in the air-fryer, shaking them halfway through to ensure they cooked evenly until they were soft and nicely browned. I could smell the garlic and herbs in the kitchen, which made my mouth water.
The baby potatoes were successfully completed. I took them out of the air fryer and put them on a serving dish while admiring how golden and crispy the edges were. When I took a bite, I was blown away by how simple, yet perfect, their taste was. The potatoes didn’t need anything else to make them shine.
Baby Potatoes & Garlic Butter
I knew that the garlic butter would go wonderfully with my baby potatoes cooked in an air fryer. It was thick, creamy, and had a deep, garlicky flavor that went well with the potatoes.
So I used the same method the following time I prepared baby potatoes, but this time I also added a lot of garlic butter to the mixture. After thoroughly coating the potatoes in the butter, I inserted them into the air fryer to finish cooking them.
As the potatoes were cooking, the fragrance of garlic filled my kitchen, which made my mouth water.
I liked the result even more than I had anticipated. The exterior of the baby potatoes was golden and crispy, while the inside was soft and creamy. The garlic butter gave the potatoes a rich, savory flavor that went well with their natural sweetness.
Ingredients for baby potatoes
Baby potatoes: You can substitute with other potatoes you prefer
Thyme: Fresh or dry thyme
Parsley: Freshly chopped or dried parsley
Olive oil: use any other flavorless oil of choice
How to make Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
In a large bowl, combine together garlic butter, thyme, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Make sure that everything is coated evenly and looks good.
Move the seasoned potatoes carefully into the basket and ensure they are all in one layer. Set the temperature to 200C/400F and let them cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are soft and golden brown on the outside. To ensure even crisping, don’t forget to shake the basket halfway during cooking.
When the timer goes off, it’s time to start eating! Take the potatoes out of the air fryer and put them on a plate and eat them while they are still hot. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes with Garlic Butter Recipe
These baby potatoes cooked in an air fryer are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They are also covered in a delicious garlic butter sauce.
For the garlic butter
- ½ cup of plant-based butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp of thyme
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
For the potatoes
- 24 oz bag of baby potatoes
- 1 tsp of sea salt or Kosher salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp of fresh chopped parsley
For the garlic butter
- Mix butter, thyme, olive oil, and garlic together until it looks delicious and is evenly combined—Reserve some butter to drizzle over the potatoes at the end.
For the Potatoes
- Start by thoroughly cleaning the potatoes by scrubbing them under cold, running water. Drain them and use a kitchen towel to pat them dry.
- Next, combine the potatoes with the garlic butter, parsley, pepper, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. To uniformly coat the potatoes, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add the buttered and seasoned potatoes into the air fryer and shake the basket so that the potatoes are all in one layer.
- At 200C/400F, air-fry the potatoes for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are soft enough to pierce with a fork and crispy on the outside. Make sure they are cooked evenly by shaking the basket halfway through.
- When the potatoes are done, take them out of the air fryer basket and serve them immediately. Enjoy baby potatoes right away while they’re tasty and buttery, and crispy.
If you like this recipe, feel free to post about how tasty it is on your Pinterest board and share its yumminess with your friends.