This post may contain affiliate links
Prepare for a fun adventure in the kitchen, where sweet, tangy blueberries and comforting oats come together to make a tasty, wholesome treat! They are perfect for those who want to treat themselves without feeling guilty but don’t want to sacrifice taste or quality.
Imagine eating one of these delicious bars on a lazy Sunday morning with a cup of your favorite tea or coffee or as a midday pick-me-up when you need a boost of energy. This recipe shows that eating healthily doesn’t mean giving up flavor or satisfaction.
These delicious bars are made with healthy ingredients like rolled oats, blueberries, and oat flour. These tasty treats are great for people who follow a gluten-free or vegan diet, but people with other dietary preferences will also adore them. See also these flourless chocolate banana bars!
Blueberry Jam Oatmeal Bars Ingredients
Oat flour: Oat flour is a crucial ingredient that helps make the perfect base for these tasty blueberry oat bars.
Coconut oil: It helps hold the bars together. Gives the recipe a hint of tropical flavor. It makes the bars feel silky smooth in your mouth.
Maple syrup or agave nectar: Serves as a natural sweetener, making the bars’ sweetness hard to resist. Both options are good for vegans and have unique tastes. Allow you to adjust the amount of sweetness to your taste.
Vanilla extract: Vanilla adds a warm, comforting aroma to the bars. Boosts and balances the flavors of the other ingredients.
Cinnamon: It gives it a light spice that goes well with the blueberries and oats—it also provides the overall taste a little more depth and warmth.
Blueberry jam: Every bite brings a burst of tangy-sweet blueberry flavor. It makes a gooey, delicious layer that stands out from the oat base.
Fresh or frozen blueberries: Add a little extra fruity taste and juicy texture.
Chia seeds (optional): Give an extra boost of nutrients and a little crunch to the blueberry layer to change the texture.
Tips & Suggestions
Pre-toast the oats: To add an extra layer of nutty flavor, try lightly toasting your oats in an oven before using them in the recipe. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
Customize your fruit: You can get creative with the fruit you choose. Instead of blueberries, you could use raspberries, strawberries, or even a mix of your favorite berries. Just make sure to change the amount of sugar in a jam.
Spice it up: Try adding other warming spices like nutmeg, allspice, or cardamom to give the flavor a unique twist. Start with a small amount and add more or less depending on your taste.
Make it crunchier: Add chopped nuts, like almonds, walnuts, or pecans, to the oat mixture or the topping for a delicious crunch and extra protein. The nuts will taste even better if you toast them first.
Homemade jam: If you have the time and desire, try making this homemade blueberry jam with no added sugar or pectin for an exceptional touch. You can control the amount of sugar and add your favorite spices or flavors. You can also use this fantastic strawberry chia jam.
Blueberry oat bars can be kept for up to a week in the fridge in an air-tight container. To make the bars firmer, put them in the refrigerator and let them sit out for a few minutes before eating.
For a longer shelf life, you can freeze your oatmeal bars and thaw them as needed for a quick, delicious snack.
Drizzle melted dark chocolate or sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the bars for an extra touch of class.
For a deluxe dessert experience, serve your bars with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream or a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
Blueberry Jam Oatmeal Bars Recipe
These Blueberry Jam Oatmeal Bars will make you swoon. This recipe is great for breakfast or as a snack in the afternoon. It has a soft, crumbly crust and a delicious blueberry jam filling.
- 2 cups of Oat Flour
- 3 cups of rolled oats (make sure they are gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of this blueberry jam (you can use storebought)
- Start by setting your oven to 350°F (180°C) and putting parchment paper in an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan.
- Mix the crust ingredients in a large mixing bowl: oat flour, rolled oats, maple syrup, cinnamon, melted coconut oil, salt, and vanilla.
- Press the batter with your hands to make sure that all ingredients are well mixed, creating a dough that sticks together. If the mixture is too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water as needed to get the right consistency.
- Using a spatula to make a smooth surface, spread 1 3/4 cups of dough evenly onto the baking pan that has been prepared. Keep any leftover dough in the fridge to use as a crumble topping later.
- Spread the blueberry jam over the crust, then crumble the remaining dough on top.
- Bake your oat bars for 30–35 minutes or until it turns golden brown and crisp. After baking, let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring it to a cooling rack.
- Let the bar cool for 3 hours or until it reaches room temperature before cutting it into 16-18 pieces. This keeps the jam from falling apart and helps it set perfectly.
- Keep these delicious bars in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week. Freeze and thaw them as needed to keep them for longer.
Love this recipe for Blueberry Jam Oatmeal Bars with all your heart? Pin the photo below on your Pinterest board to share the love (and the jam). With a playful nudge and a wink, let your followers know about this delicious treat. They’ll be berry thankful!