This post may contain affiliate links
These Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars are a great way to welcome summer. This gluten-free and vegan dessert is made with wholesome ingredients like almond flour, quinoa flour, and flax. It will satisfy your sweet tooth without making you feel bad.
The perfect summertime dessert for picnics and cookouts, these strawberry oatmeal bars are an excellent choice for sharing at gatherings or enjoying at home. Their fruity taste and satisfying texture make them a versatile dessert that everyone will love.
Ingredients for Scrumptious Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars
- Quick-cooking oats: they are the key to soft, tender oat bars
- Almond flour: Almond flour adds a rich, nutty flavor and is a great gluten-free alternative
- Quinoa flour: Quinoa flour is full of plant-based protein and is easy to find.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup is perfect for this recipe; it is a natural sweetener that goes well with strawberries and oatmeal. You can replace it with agave syrup.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil gives the structure of the bar without relying on gluten
- Flax Egg: Flax Egg is an egg substitute made from flaxseed and hot water (see our complete guide on vegan egg substitutes).
- Strawberry jam: I suggest you make this 15-minute strawberry chia jam; you can use storebought for this recipe.
How to Make Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars
Step 1: Heat your oven to 350 F and line parchment paper with a 9-inch baking pan. Set it aside for later.
Step 2: Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. After that, pour the maple syrup and coconut oil into the bowl, and then use your hands to mix everything together until it looks like crumbly sand. Set aside a third of the dough to use as a topping later.
Step 3: Add the flax egg and gently press the oatmeal dough mixture into the baking pan to make a base layer.
Step 4: It’s time for the fruity middle! Spread your strawberry jam evenly over the oatmeal dough generously. Spread the oat mixture you saved on top for a crumbly finish.
Step 5: Place the pan in the oven and bake your oat bars for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crumble topping turns a beautiful golden brown. Resist the urge to eat right away, wait until the oat bars are completely cool to cut them into squares.
Step 6 (Optional): Pour some melted coconut butter over the bars after they have cooled to make a delicious glaze.
What Makes These Bars Special?
The almond and quinoa flours in these bars make them taste different and give them more nutrients. The flax egg in the recipe makes it vegan-friendly, and the homemade strawberry chia jam is a better alternative to traditional jams.
Storing Your Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- You can keep your oat bar leftovers at room temperature for up to four days in an airtight container.
- Freeze for up to three months and let thaw at room temperature.
Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars Recipe
These Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars are a great way to welcome summer. These gluten-free and vegan treats will satisfy your sweet tooth without making you feel bad. These oat bars are made with wholesome ingredients like almond flour, quinoa flour, and flax. Great for picnics, cookouts, or just treating yourself at home!
- 3 cups of quick cooking oats (make sure they are gluten-free)
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 cup of quinoa flour
- 1/4 tsp of fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp of flaxseed meal + 3 Tbsp of hot water)
- 1 cup of this homemade strawberry jam (you can also use storebought)
- Optional: drizzle with melted coconut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350F, line a 9″ baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Pour maple syrup and coconut oil into the mixture, and crumble with your hands until achieving a coarse, sandy texture—Reserve 1/3 of the dough for the topping.
- Stir in the flax egg by mixing 1 Tablespoon of flaxseed and 3 Tablespoons of hot water, then transfer the dough into the baking pan and press it evenly.
- Spread your strawberry jam over the layer of oat dough. Sprinkle with the reserved oat topping.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes until the outer crust is golden brown. Let it chill thoroughly before cutting it into squares and serving.
- If you wish, you can drizzle some melted coconut butter for an icing effect!
Enjoy these scrumptious, gluten-free, and vegan Strawberry Oatmeal Bars as the perfect summer treat. Their fruity and wholesome ingredients make them ideal for picnics, cookouts, or simply indulging at home.
Hey, you already know what to do if you love these delicious Strawberry Oatmeal Bars! Pin the image below to your Pinterest board to show it some love. We’re sure your followers will appreciate it if you share this berry-licious treat with them.