Strawberries in their fresh form well blended into a batter, garnished using strawberry frosting are the key of this particular vegan cake. Vegan Strawberry Cake is incredibly moist and doesn’t bring any difficulty along when you want to make them.
Literarily it is super easy to make, I know you may have doubts but It is easy. As you know already there would be no need for milk and eggs since it is vegan. All you need are 7 nice ingredients.
Vegan Strawberry Cake has a tender crumb, it’s fluffy and moist, just the way you would want your cake to be. When it comes to the taste you can imagine, the flavour is spectacular, it is heavenly and the strawberry puree for the cake can take credit for that. To spice it up, you can decide to put strawberries to the frosting too.
Great ideas for your vegan cake frosting.
I made use of a nice cream cheese frosting which is dairy-free, and to it, I added a little pink food colouring.
Mix 8 oz of vegan cheese cream with 1/3 cup vegan fat and beat it well till it turns creamy.
Add sugar 2 cups, then you keep beating.
Add more sugar, 2 cups again, and then add the vanilla extract.
Adding food colouring could be an option.
Beat it until it is smooth to get a very thick frosting, you can add more sugar.
Some other ideas include:
Vanilla frosting; just add half a teaspoon of extract from vanilla to the frosting base.
Chocolate frosting; if chocolate is your thing, you can still enjoy your chocolate strawberry cake. To the base frosting just add cocoa powder, the quantity should be around ¼ of your cup.
Vegan strawberry frosting; this method is just as simple. All you need to do is put some dried freeze strawberries to the base frosting, blend it until it is well mixed. Then you get your pink frosting.
Tips for amazing vegan strawberry cakes
- Most preferably use fresh strawberries instead of frozen ones.
- Wait for the cake to cool before you frost, if you don’t do that, the cake will start sinking.
- The cakes continue their cooking process when they are being cooled, so resist the urge to overbake them.
- Put parchment paper at the bottom of the pan or use a spring-form pan, do not forget to oil the pan so it can be slick. It makes removing the cake easy.
- Do not use coconut oil for greasing your pan, it does dry out the cake as opposed to keeping it fluffy or moist.
- one cup of strawberries well blended and pureed
- one and a half cup of flour, most preferably gluten-free.
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- Half teaspoon of baking soda
- One cup of sugar
- Half cup of any desired oil
- Half cup of yoghurt, vanilla, or plain (dairy-free)
- Preheat your oven to somewhere around 360 F.
- Line two pans (8-inch) with cooking spray and set aside.
- Blend your strawberries till the point where you get your puree.
- Get a good size bowl, mix your flour, baking powder, and soda very well.
- Get another bowl, mix all of the other ingredients (sugar, yoghurt, strawberries, and oil) until it forms well (creamy). Tenderly fold the dry mixture and mix till it forms well.
- Put your cake batter in your 2 cake pans. Bake for at most 20 to 25 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it get cool. When it is cool you can frost if how you like.