This post may contain affiliate links
Olive Garden, get out of the way. My desire to put a vegan twist on a popular recipe sparked this velvety spinach and mushroom vegan gnocchi soup.
This Vegan Gnocchi Soup Copycat from Olive Garden is the ideal vegan comfort meal! In a creamy, delicious soup, it’s packed with plenty of vegetables and pillowy soft gnocchi. It is only a 30-minute recipe, and all of the materials are likely already in your kitchen!
This Olive Garden Vegan Gnocchi Soup is something you’ll enjoy
- It actually tastes like Olive Garden’s gnocchi soup, but without the meat or dairy! But, of course, since it has the same thick broth and soft gnocchi as the restaurant staple, you’d never think this gnocchi soup is vegan. This variation, however, is done entirely in one pot, allowing the gnocchi to boil directly in the coconut milk and vegetable broth stock, making it even creamier.
- Excellent Taste: Garlic and vegan parmesan cheese are two important tastes in this dish that truly stand out. Believe me when I say that parmesan cheese is a must-have ingredient in this dish. You may use ordinary parmesan cheese if you aren’t vegan, but Violife Foods’ Prosociano Wedge is a vegan option.
- BUTTERY: There are no other adjectives to describe the gnocchi in this soup (drooling emoji). Apart from the delicious gooeyness of gnocchi on your tongue, the best thing is that this dish is easy. It takes 40 min to prepare and incorporates flavorful vegetables like mushrooms and spinach.
- It’s really quick and simple to put together! This potato gnocchi soup is one of my favorite family weekday dinners, even on a busy evening, thanks to the basic ingredients and short prep and cook time. You may prepare the sliced vegetables beforehand so that all you have to do when it’s time to cook is pour and mix!
- The best aspect of this vegan gnocchi soup is that it tastes decadent while also being packed with veggies, so you get the right balance. When the weather starts to cool down, I’m all for thick, hearty comfort dishes, but they’re even better when they’re packed with vegetables and beans. This soup makes you feel full and provide you with energy for the whole day.
Substitutes and Ingredients for Olive Garden Vegan Gnocchi Soup
- Olive Oil – This is the brand of olive oil that our family prefers. Look for one that is cold-pressed and natural.
- Yellow Onion – White onion can be substituted for yellow onion. The mild sweetness of the yellow onion appeals to me.
- Carrot – Add matchstick carrots instead of sliced carrots to save time in the kitchen!
- Celery – When you don’t have any celery available, just replace it with more carrots.
- Fresh Garlic – Freshly cut garlic is ideal in this dish, but if you don’t have some available, you may substitute with 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Dry Thyme, Dried Oregano, Dried Sage – Italian seasoning might be used for this fantastic trio of dried spices.
- Vegetable Broth – This recipe may be made with whatever broth you choose.
- Full-Fat Canned Coconut Milk – This is essential for the soup’s creamy smoothness. Make sure you have a can of full-fat coconut milk.
- Chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) – offer fantastic texture to this soup and may be used in place of chicken in gnocchi soup dishes.
- Vegan Frozen Potato Gnocchi – There are several great vegan frozen gnocchi brands available; just read the list of ingredients!
- Vegan Parmesan – This is the vegan Parmesan that our family prefers. If you’re not concerned about the soup being vegan, you may use ordinary Parmesan instead.
- Kale or Spinach – You may use any dark leafy green that you have ready. It’s generally kale or spinach at our house.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – It’s a weird addition to a soup but believe me when I say that apple cider vinegar brings out all of the other tastes in the end. Rather than white wine vinegar, you might use red wine vinegar.
Share the image below to your Pinterest board if you like this Vegan version of Olive Garden’s Gnocchi Soup!
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup shredded vegan Parmesan, optional
- 2 cups kale or spinach (fresh chopped)
- 1 (13 oz.) can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can of chickpeas, drained
- 16 oz. frozen vegan potato gnocchi
- 30 oz. vegetable broth
- fresh chopped parsley
- vegan Parmesan
- In a big saucepan, heat the oil with the burner on medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, carrot, celery, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook for 8 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Sauté for another minute, stirring constantly, after adding the garlic, thyme, oregano, and sage.
- Toss in the chickpeas and gnocchi.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, coconut milk, salt, and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium-high heat saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once the gnocchi is simmering, decrease the heat to low. Continue to cook for 6-10 minutes, or until the gnocchi is cooked and soft.
- Take the pan from the heat and whisk in the shredded vegan Parmesan until it melts.
- Add the greens and apple cider vinegar and mix well. Then add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Sprinkle with vegan Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Copycat version of this delicious and popular Olive Garden Vegan Gnocchi Soup. If you have any questions, or suggestions for this Copycat gnocchi soup, please write your thoughts down in the comment section.