This post may contain affiliate links
Move over, Olive Garden! I had a sudden urge to make a classic recipe vegan, and the result is this cozy, velvety vegan gnocchi soup with spinach, celery, and carrots that will make your taste buds tingle with delight!
I was inspired to make this Olive Garden classic recipe copycat but vegan, and I have to say that it worked out perfectly. It’s just the right amount of creamy, dreamy, and delicious, and the spinach and celery give it a healthy kick. What’s the best? You can make this hearty soup in just 30 minutes with things you probably already have in your kitchen. So, instead of ordering takeout, try this easy and tasty recipe.
Olive Garden Vegan Gnocchi Soup
If you’re on the search for an exciting soup recipe that’s both creamy and comforting, you aren’t going to want to miss out on this vegan gnocchi soup. It’s an excellent alternative to Olive Garden’s gnocchi soup because it has a similar taste and texture yet does not contain meat or dairy. The soup has a thick broth made with a mixture of coconut milk and vegetable broth stock, generating a creamy and rewarding base for the soft and chewy gnocchi.
- The garlic and vegan parmesan cheese give this soup a lot of flavors. This is one of the things that makes it stand out. Non-vegans can still use regular parmesan cheese, but vegans can use the Prosociano Wedge from Violife Foods, which is a tasty alternative that gives the soup an umami taste.
- Aside from how good it tastes, the gnocchi in this soup is the star of the show. It has a buttery texture that melts in your mouth and makes your mouth water with every spoonful. The recipe is easy and quick to make, taking only 30 minutes to finish. You can even slice the veggies ahead of time to make the cooking process even easier.
- Lastly, this vegan gnocchi soup contains flavorful vegetables like celery and spinach. The best bit? This hearty dish is both tasty and healthy, so you’ll feel full and ready to go after eating it. So try it and enjoy a bowl of comfort food that’s great for a night in!
Substitutes and Ingredients for Olive Garden Vegan Gnocchi Soup
- Olive Oil – The best olive oil is natural and made by cold pressing.
- Plant-based butter – Whether you are a vegan or not, plant-based butter can give your soup a rich flavor.
- Yellow Onion –Use yellow onion if you want your soup to have a mild sweetness. But don’t worry; you can use white onion instead.
- Carrot –Instead of slicing the carrots, use matchsticks to save time in the kitchen.
- Celery –No celery? No problem! Just add more carrots in their place.
- Fresh Garlic – Freshly cut garlic is best, but 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder can do the trick if you have none.
- Dry Thyme, Dried parsley, and Nutmeg –Italian seasoning can be used instead of this great trio of spices.
- Vegetable Broth – This recipe can use any veggie-based broth you like.
- Full-Fat Canned Coconut Milk – This is essential for the soup’s creamy smoothness. Make sure you have a can of full-fat coconut milk.
- Chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) – Using chickpeas is optional. They offer fantastic texture to this soup and may be used instead of chicken in gnocchi soup dishes.
- Vegan Frozen Potato Gnocchi – Several great vegan frozen gnocchi brands are available.
- Vegan Parmesan – Our family prefers Prosociano Wedge vegan parmesan cheese from Violife Foods. Use your preferred vegan cheese if you don’t have any.
- Spinach or Kale – You may use any dark leafy green. It’s generally kale or spinach at our house.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – It’s a weird addition to a soup, but believe me when I say that apple cider vinegar brings out all of the other tastes in the end. Rather than white wine vinegar, you might use red wine vinegar.
Olive Garden Vegan Gnocchi Soup Recipe
Are you ready for an explosion of taste in your mouth? The Vegan copycat of Olive Garden’s Gnocchi Soup is all you need. This delicious soup has a smooth texture from the potato gnocchi and a mix of fresh vegetables in a creamy broth with herbs that will make you want more. And what’s best? It’s 100% vegan, so you can enjoy it without feeling bad. Even picky eaters will love it.
- 4 Tbsp of Butter
- 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp of Kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp of dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of onion, finely diced
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup shredded vegan Parmesan
- 1 cup of spinach (freshly chopped)
- 16 oz of full-fat coconut milk
- 16 oz. frozen vegan potato gnocchi
- 33 oz. vegetable broth
- fresh chopped parsley
- vegan Parmesan
- Start by melting butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large pot or Dutch oven. This will ensure that your soup’s base is smooth and tasty.
- Chop and sauté: Add chopped onion and celery and cook until the onion becomes translucent. Once it’s translucent, add minced garlic and stir for about 30 seconds. This will make your soup smell and taste even better.
- Next, whisk in the flour and cook for about a minute to make a roux. This will thicken it up. Then, add full-fat coconut milk and stir with a whisk until everything is well-mixed. Let it cook on medium-low heat until it thickens.
- Add salt, dried thyme, parsley, and nutmeg, and stir nicely.
- Stir in the vegetable broth and let the soup simmer until it thickens up a bit again. Now is the perfect time to add shredded carrots, spinach, and pillowy gnocchi.
- Let everything simmer for around 6-8 minutes until the soup is hot and the flavors have mixed. When it smells great in the kitchen, it’s ready.
- Turn off the heat and add some vegan parmesan. Stir it until it’s all melted, and you’ll have a rich, creamy soup that will surely please your taste buds.
- Taste and enjoy: Before you serve your soup, taste it and add more salt if you think it needs it. Then pour it into bowls and eat it!
You like Olive Garden’s Gnocchi Soup, but you also like your veggies. Then share this picture of Vegan Gnocchi Soup on your Pinterest board right away. Let’s share the deliciousness and make our taste buds and the world happy!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Copycat version of this delicious and famous Olive Garden Vegan Gnocchi Soup. If you have any questions or suggestions for this Copycat gnocchi soup, please write your thoughts down in the comment section.
This came out so good! It was a little too salty for me so I will reduce the salt next time i make it. Perfect for a rainy day!