This post may contain affiliate links
Vegan Tuscan rigatoni with fragrant “sun-dried tomatoes” in a thick and satisfying pan. This is a well-balanced feast with soothing carbohydrates and spices that is smoky, creamy, and yummy.
Rigatoni alla Tuscana (vegan rigatoni)
Carbs are my favorite food! So bring me all the carbs: pasta, bread, and potatoes. I consider myself a pasta aficionado, and I have to say I have surprised myself with this recipe. This Vegan Tuscan Rigatoni is very delicious! It’s the ideal weeknight supper since it’s so straightforward.
Sun-dried tomatoes and spinach are simmered in white wine and then combined with rich heavenly cashew cream. Toss it with spaghetti, and you’ll have no idea how this dish is so darn tasty!
The mixture of sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and garlic simmered in white wine has a smoky bacon-like feel to it. It is simply amazing! Day in and day out, I keep learning while cooking. It’s exhilarating and fantastic.
I appreciate how the addition of various vegetables can elevate a simple pasta and how the complexity of flavors can be achieved with solely plant-based components!
Your cashews must be soaked, ideally overnight. Thankfully, after that’s done, this dish only takes 15-20 minutes to prepare! This is my favorite type of dinner!
The whole sauce can be made while the rigatoni is cooking, so all you have to do when the pasta is done is throw everything together.
This vegan Tuscan Rigatoni is by far the most incredible pasta dish I’ve ever tasted. Everything I want in a beautiful, delicious meal: smoky, a touch sweet, garlicky, creamy, and rich! I hope you like this as much as my family; they don’t really like cooked spinach. 🙂 So, I’m certain that I can make anyone fall in love with this recipe!
Modifications and Varieties:
Adding more vegetables is always a good suggestion. A couple of mushrooms, zucchini, or eggplant are all excellent options. Cavolo nero (Tuscan kale, black kale) can also be used instead of curly kale.
Sprinkle in some red chili or chili flakes for some heat!
One issue you may notice is that this meal lacks the additional oil seen in a meaty Tuscan rigatoni pasta. Obviously, you may add a little extra olive oil to the meal.
You’ll enjoy it because:
- It’s quick and straightforward! This creamy vegan spaghetti is ready in about half an hour and is both vegan and protein-rich!
- Adding more vegetarian food to your diet is excellent for your well-being and wallet. But where do you get your protein when you don’t eat meat? Cashews in a creamy vegan spaghetti are the ideal way to eliminate meat without sacrificing protein!
Share the image below to your Pinterest board if you like this Vegan Tuscan Rigatoni!
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 16 oz. Rigatoni, regular or GF
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the rigatoni, then cook as per the package directions.
- Strain the soaked cashews and combine them with vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice while the water is heating up. Pulse on high, brushing down the sides as required until homogeneous. It might take a couple of tries. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Leave it in the mixer until you’re ready to use it.
- Cook your pasta until it becomes al dente after the water has reached a boil. When you’re done, drain the noodles.
- While you are boiling the pasta, heat the olive oil on medium-high in a large pan. Sauté the garlic for one minute. After that, toss in the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, occasionally stirring, until the spinach has shrunk and the sun-dried tomatoes are tender. Pour in the wine and allow it to simmer for five minutes. If necessary, turn down the heat.
- Whisk in the cashew cream sauce until everything is well-mixed. Season to taste, sprinkling more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the rigatoni. Fold the pasta in the sauce to cover it fully. Serve right away! Fresh basil and cracked black pepper are always a lovely garnish!