This post may contain affiliate links
If you enjoy eggplant and are seeking a fresh and savory method to prepare it, try this recipe for Vietnamese Grilled Eggplant with Scallion Oil. This recipe is filled with robust and flavorful ingredients and will appeal to your taste buds for sure.
Why This Vietnamese Grilled Eggplant Recipe is Awesome:
There are a few reasons why this dish is so fantastic. First and foremost, it is pretty simple to construct. With only a few essential ingredients and a grill, you’ll be well on your way to savoring this delectable feast. Furthermore, the combination of grilled eggplant with scallion oil is wonderful. The eggplant is thick and velvety, and the scallion oil gives a sharp and herbaceous taste that truly elevates this meal.
- If you don’t have a grill, you may make this dish in the oven by broiling the eggplant slices. Arrange the slices on a baking pan and broil for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked and gently browned.
- If you want a softer texture, steam the eggplant slices before grilling them. Steam the slices for 3-4 minutes, or until tender, in a steamer basket over boiling water. Then brush with the fish sauce mixture and grill according to the recipe directions.
- If you want to up the protein in this recipe, consider topping the grilled eggplant with grilled tofu, tempeh, or your favorite protein.
- You may also top the grilled eggplant with chopped peanuts or sesame seeds for an additional crunch.
- If you like spicy meals, you may up the ante by incorporating chopped chili peppers into the fish sauce mixture before coating the eggplant.
- If you don’t have vegan fish sauce on hand, you may use soy sauce or tamari instead. You may add a little more sweetness and depth of flavor by tossing in some maple syrup.
- If you don’t like eggplant, you may substitute other veggies such as zucchini, summer squash, or bell peppers.
- If you’re allergic to scallions or don’t have any on hand, leave them out of the dish or replace them with another type of green onion or herb, such as chives or cilantro.
How to Serve this Recipe:
This Vietnamese Grilled Eggplant with Scallion Oil recipe is ideal for presenting as a main course for lunch or supper. It goes great with several side dishes, including steamed rice, quinoa, and noodles. It’s also good as a side dish with grilled tofu. If you’re throwing a party, chop the eggplant into smaller pieces and offer it as an appetizer or small nibble.
Try our Other Recipes:
In addition to using this vegan fish sauce in this recipe for Vietnamese Grilled Eggplant with Scallion Oil, it would be wonderful in various other foods. Some suggestions include the following:
Vietnamese Grilled Eggplant with Scallion Oil Recipe:
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 tablespoons vegan fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegan fish sauce
- 1/3 lime juice
- sesame seeds or peanuts
- 2 chili peppers
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 2 tbsps of sugar
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Place the eggplants in a large mixing basin and cut them into 1/2-inch circles.
- Fry the eggplant slices on a hot grill for 7-10 minutes on each side or until tender and gently browned.
- Transfer the eggplant to a serving platter once it has finished grilling.
- In a mixing bowl, combine vegan fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, lime juice, chopped garlic, and chili to make the nuoc mam cham (Vietnamese fish sauce mix). Mix well until the sugar melts.
- Heat up the oil for 1 to min. We will drizzle this oil over the scallions
- In another bowl, add scallions and add hot oil; we just heated up over them.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the fish sauce mixture and season with salt.
- Drizzle with the remaining vegan fish sauce mixture and scallions, and serve immediately.
Pin & Share
If you’re seeking for a savory and gratifying way to eat eggplant, this Vietnamese Grilled Eggplant with Scallion Oil dish is a must-try. The combination of grilled eggplant and scallion oil is incredibly delectable, and the addition of vegan fish sauce adds another layer of savory flavor to the meal. This recipe will surely please all your family and friends, whether served as a main meal or a side.