Vegan king cake is a recipe that is very common worldwide and it is prepared especially during carnival.
It is soft and has a nice cinnamon scent to it.
This cake features a nice white icing and it’s decorated with colored sugar.
This recipe will help you to get the same taste but made with just vegan ingredients.
The ingredients for 8 servings are:
- 19 oz Flour
- 0.8 oz Brewer’s Yeast
- 3.5 oz Sugar
- 9 oz Almond Milk
- 7 oz Vegan Butter
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 12 oz Powdered Sugar
- 2 oz Lemon or Orange Juice
- 6 oz Sugar (for the colored sugar topping)
- 2 drops of green, blue and red Food Color
How to Prepare Vegan King Cake Recipe:
- Let’s start by mixing the flour and 3.5 oz of sugar in a large bowl.
- Melt the brewer’s yeast in the almond milk and pour it gently into the bowl.
- Also met the butter and add it to the mixture, and continue to knead until the dough starts to become
- At this point let’s add the salt and the cinnamon.
- Add the grated peel and mix for 5 minutes.
- Allow the dough to rest for 40 minutes, brushing with some olive oil or a drip of melted vegan
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 315°F.
- Now we can start to prepare the icing:
- Pour the lemon or orange juice into a small bowl. Add all of the powdered sugar and mix it until
you get a thick icing.
- Make sure to stir well to avoid chunks.
- Now separate the remaining 6 oz of sugar into 3 different bowls and add 2 drops of food coloring to
each bowl, in order to get three different colored sugar bowls.
- Once the oven is hot, pour the dough in a big donut cake mold and bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, allow it to cool down before pouring the icing on it.
- Decorate tossing the colored sugar on the icing.
- Serve cold.
- This cake is great served with tea.
Hope you loved this vegan king cake recipe as much as I did, leave in the comments your experience.