This post may contain affiliate links
Here is a perfect vegan lamingtons recipe. The traditional cake from Australian cuisine. A fluffy, aerated cake with a layer of chocolate and a flavor of coconut turns out to be extremely delicious. These super-soft, chocolaty bites are one of the best snack options to be enjoyed with tea. The best part is, it’s too easy to make and quick to serve.
Vegan Lamingtons Recipe
If you are a sweet lover, then you should give this recipe a try because the chocolate-coated super soft and spongy vanilla cake will leave a lasting impression on your taste buds.
For making the best eggless lamingtons, you will need ingredients already available in your pantry, so without any delay, move on to the recipe.
For the preparation of vanilla sponge cake,
- Self-rising flour 300g
- Coconut Flour 100g
- Pinch of salt
- Baking powder 1tbsp.
- Refined cane sugar 100g
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Sunflower oil 50ml
- Water 350ml
For the preparation of coating
- Vegan chocolate 1 ½ Cup
- Canned coconut cream 1 ¾ cup
- desiccated coconut 2 cups
- Raspberry jam ½ Cup
Preparation of Vanilla sponge cake
- Le the oven pre-heated to 350°F.
- Take a clean and well-kept bowl. To prepare a vanilla sponge cake, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Thoroughly combine the ingredients until a lump-free batter is formed. Make sure your batter isn’t overworked.
- Place a non-stick piece of paper on the baking tin, pour the mixture in, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the soft vanilla cake from the oven and set it aside to cool for 1 hour. After that, cut the cake in half. The raspberry jam should be spread on the top of the cake, and the two cakes should be sandwiched together. You can also add whipped cream along with jam as per your choice.
- Then neatly cut the cake into small squares using a knife.
To make the chocolate coating
- Simply place a saucepan over the stove pot. Add in the vegan chocolate and coconut cream. Cook the ingredients over medium heat until a smooth consistency is achieved.
Coating and Filling
- In a bowl, pour your freshly made chocolate coating.
- Place the desiccated coconut in a separate dish.
- Toss a piece of cake in the chocolate sauce until it is completely covered. Then cover the lamingtons completely with desiccated coconuts and repeat with the remaining pieces. Lamingtons will be easier to handle if the coating process is done with two forks. Allow 1 hour before serving.
- Sieve out all the dry ingredients to make a smooth batter.
- Properly cut the cake into squares using a small sharp knife as uneven cutting will hinder smooth coating.
- Don’t let your lamingtons absorb extra chocolate while coating otherwise, lamingtons will become soggy.
- Never coat vanilla cake when it’s freshly baked because it will be too soft to hold the chocolate coating and will end up creating a mess.
- You can decor your lamingtons with a variety of toppings like berries, nuts, or chocolate chips.
- If you want to enjoy the flavor of coffee, then add some coffee granules while preparing a chocolate coating. Create variations according to your choice.
- You can also use dark chocolate as it also turns out to be amazing. It also makes your eggless lamingtons low in calories. So, it can be enjoyed by vegans who are on a low-calorie diet.
- If desiccated coconut is not available, go for the shredded one.
- You can also prepare vanilla cake a day before use. Storing the cake in an airtight container can save your unfilled cake for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Facts about Lamingtons
- Lamingtons (1 serving of 65g) contains 225 calories
- Total carbs 36g
- Sugar 25g
- fat 8.2g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
- Protein 2 g
Can I use butter instead of sunflower?
Vegan butter can also be used in the lamingtons recipe, but the addition of butter makes your dessert dry. If you want to enjoy soft and moist lamingtons, I recommend the use of sunflower oil.
Can I use coconut oil as a substituent?
I won’t prefer using coconut oil because it solidifies at room temperature, which might increase the density of your cake. If you live in a hot area, go for coconut oil.
Can I use gluten-free flour to make vegan lamingtons?
Yes, gluten-free flour can be used for making eggless vegan lamingtons.
What if I don’t want to use cane sugar?
If you don’t want to use refined cane sugar, then you can use coconut sugar as a substituent. It will make your cake as soft and spongy as made with beating cane sugar.
Can I store lamingtons?
Yes, lamingtons can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for 1 month and enjoy them later. Don’t forget to store lamingtons in an airtight container.
How to serve frozen lamingtons?
You can serve lamingtons by thawing them overnight at room temperature.
How to know whether the cake is properly baked or not?
If you’re not sure when the cake will be ready, you can use these strategies to figure it out. You can insert a toothpick or skewer inside the cake. If it comes out clean, it means you are done with your baking. You can also perform a finger test. For this, you need to press your cake with a finger. If the cake returns to its original position, then you are done, but if finger pressing leaves a dent on the cake, then it indicates that the cake requires more baking.
Vegan lamington’s recipe is very easy but requires some culinary expertise which I’ve shared in my recipe. Just follow this recipe as it is, and you will end up with the best vegan lamingtons. I have shared some ideas to create variations in your lamingtons recipe. Do share your recreations with me in the comment box so that everyone can benefit from your experience.
Don’t forget to Like and share with your friends.