This post may contain affiliate links
Are you tired of eating that boring chocolate and want some extra CRUNCH and MUNCH? No worries! I’ve got a perfect vegan Tim Tams recipe for you. I’ll make you enjoy a three-layered chocolate delight paired with crunchy biscuits. OMG, so much chocolate. Does it sound super cool? Most probably, yes.
Home-baked vegan-style Copycat Tim tams are super healthy and easy to make. You need to have some regular pantry ingredients and an apron, and you are ready to get into the recipe.
Tim tam Ingredients
- Dairy-free butter 110g
- Cocoa powder 1 tbsp.
- Milk 1 tbsp.
- Melted chocolate 25g
- Horlick malt powder 1 tbsp.
- Ice sugar 1 tbsp.
- Plain flour 110g
- Dairy-free Milk 1 tbsp.
- Cocoa powder 30g
- Golden syrup 1tbsp.
- Dairy-free butter 60g
- light brown sugar 60g
- Baking powder 1 pinch
For the chocolate coating
- Milk Chocolate 300g
The best vegan Tim tams can be prepared in three simple steps
Preparation of Filling
- Let’s start with preparing chocolate filling to make a super delightful vegan version of Tim Tams.
- Take a large bowl, add in all the filling ingredients and mix them until a smooth, creamy paste is formed.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator and move on to make flaky and crunchy biscuits.
Preparation of biscuits
- To prepare chocolate biscuits, start mixing dairy-free butter and sugar in a stand mixture until a creamy paste is formed. Add in all the other ingredients and mix them until a soft dough-like mass is obtained.
- Take the dough out of the mixing bowl, place it on baking paper. Now place another baking paper over the dough and start rolling it into a thin sheet.
- Now transfer the dough to the refrigerator for about 2 hours to achieve a firm texture.
- Then take out the biscuit dough and cut it into the shape of rectangles.
- Place the rectangular biscuits dough in a freezer for 8 to 10 minutes
- Transfer the rectangular-shaped dough to the preheated oven at 180°C
- Bake the biscuits for about 10 minutes. Then remove them and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Once the biscuits are firm enough, take the chocolate filling out of the refrigerator and sandwich it in between the biscuits.
- Transfer the sandwiched chocolate biscuits to a freezer for up to 25 minutes.
Preparation of the chocolate coating
- Now prepare the chocolate topping. Place a saucepan on the stove, add in some water, and heat it until the boiling stage reaches. Now turn off the flame, place a glass bowl over the saucepan, and melt the chocolate with gentle stirring.
- Once you are done with your chocolate topping, toss your biscuits in the chocolate sauce with the help of a fork.
- Remove the excess chocolate and repeat the same process with the other biscuits
- Now chocolate-coated biscuits must be transferred to the refrigerator for some time. When they become set, serve your friends and family.
- If your biscuits dough is not firm enough to hold a perfect rectangular shape, then you can repeat the chilling step.
- The thickness of biscuits should not be more than 5mm.
- Use a knife to cut even-sized biscuit dough. You can also use a ruler to make a perfect rectangular shape. A cookie-cutter can also serve the purpose well.
- You can also melt your chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. When you notice soft lumps of chocolate, then you can stir until it becomes a smooth paste.
- I’ve used 85% dark chocolate to make healthy vegan Tim tams, but you can go for any other dark chocolate as per your choice and taste. To achieve a smooth consistency, prefer to buy a bar of good quality chocolate.
Can I store vegan Tim tams?
Yes, you can store them in a sealed air-tight container for up to one week.
Can I store Tim tams in the freezer?
I won’t recommend you to store Tim tams in a freezer. I self-experimented this, and the results were awful. The cold Tim tams became so hard from inside, even after dipping in a hot tea could not revive that unique and characteristic Tim tams taste. If you have leftovers, then go for a refrigerator. You will actually like refrigerator-stored Tim tams. The outer layer of the dessert will remain firm, and the inner layer will melt in your mouth, giving you an amazing taste. In this way, you can also get rid of chocolate sticking to your hands. If you live in a cold area, then storing Tim tams in the pantry would be a great option.
Are Store-bought Tim tams vegan?
No, unfortunately, store-bought Tim tams are made up of dairy products, so they cannot be enjoyed by vegans. If you miss out on them, go for homemade ones following this easy recipe.
Which one is better, homemade or pre-packaged Tim tams?
Once you make homemade Tim tams, you will forget the pre-packaged ones. Homemade Tim tams are a healthier snack. You can make vegan variations as per your choice.
Can you recommend to me some best vegan chocolate brands?
Well, if you really want to achieve a texture similar to market Tim tams, go for a bar of good quality chocolate. The 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Lindt Bar, Love Cocoa avocado 71% dark chocolate, and Luisa’s vegan chocolates 72% are excellent choices to make the best vegan Tim tams.
- Calories: 93
- Fat: 5g
- Carbs: 11g
- Protein: 1g
This delectable dairy-free version of Tim tams is always loved among vegans. Although the recipe has multiple steps to follow, if you try this recipe, you’ll find it much easier than you expected. I’m damn sure you won’t regret trying this, as your kids will be going to find this tea time snack super yummy and delightful.
If your vegetarian friends are not aware of this animal-free version of Tim tams, don’t forget to surprise them by sharing Tim tams recipe. For sure, it will just make their day.