This post may contain affiliate links
There are a lot of substitutes for meat, even for cold cuts! In this recipe, we will show you how to make vegan ham.
This recipe has been simplified to be easy to prepare at home and with ingredients that are easily available almost everywhere.
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 2 Hours
The ingredients for 2 Vegan Hams (4 servings) are:
- 3 ½ Cups of Gluten Flour for Seitan
- 1 ½ Cup of Water
- ¼ Cup of Nutritional Yeast
- ½ Cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Vegetable Broth
- Smoked Salt
- 1 tsp Powdered Paprika
- 1 tbsp Dry Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Sugar
These are the steps to prepare this Vegan Ham:
- Start by mixing together in a bowl the gluten flour for seitan with the nutritional yeast and the paprika.
- Add a pinch of black pepper and then proceed to add all of the onion powder, for last, add the smoked salt.
- At this point add the Pineapple juice, the soy sauce and the maple syrup.
- Start to knead until you get a firm, moist dough.
- Cut the dough in half and place the two halves inside plumcake molds to ensure they’ll retain their shape.
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil and proceed to pour it over the dough in the mold, let the ham cook for about 2 hours.
- At this point, we can get the ham out of our mold, and we can place it over an oven dish, covered with baking paper. Carve some tiny holes in it using a toothpick.
- Now we can brush the ham with a mixture of pineapple juice, mustard and sugar, to ensure to give our ham plenty of taste, and cook it in the preheated oven at 356°F for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow the ham to cool down, then slice it and serve it.