This post may contain affiliate links
Does vegan avocado toast count as a recipe? Well this one which I am going to show you does.
This is what I have been eating almost every day for breakfast for the past month. This 3-ingredient, 5-minute version is mine!!
Avocado Toast: Origin
Avocado toast is a favorite of ours, but it’s not something we invented. But who invented it?
Although it is not clear where avocado toast originated, both a Sydney-based restaurant owner and a New York City chef claim credit. Bill Granger, Sydney, claims that it was on his 1993 menu. Chloe Osborne claims she tried it in Australia in 1970. She then brought it to her Manhattan restaurant’s menu in 2006.
It is possible that neither one of them invented it. Evidence suggests that avocado spread on toast was popularized in newspapers and magazines as early as 1920s. It’s also a popular combination in Chile and Peru since the 1800s. Also, one of the most influential people who popularized avocado toast is Gwyneth Paltrow.
Avocado toast was a huge internet hit in 2008, and we have never looked back. We are grateful to everyone who helped us bring avocado toast closer to our kitchen.
How to make Vegan Avocado Toast
Here’s how it works: Toast bread, add avocado, smash. It is that easy, but it is also important to know what ingredients to use.
Top it with vegan parmesan cheese, a red pepper flake and some fresh herbs. This combination is incredible. It’s easy to do, but it works. Trust!
It is buttery thanks to the avocado and salty and lightly cheesy due to the parm. The pepper flake adds a spicy kick. Major swoon.
Make The Best Avocado Toast: Tips
- Choose an avocado that is fully ripe. The avocado should feel soft to the touch. Your thumb should gently indent into it when you squeeze. Avocados that are too firm may not be ripe. Avocados that are too soft to touch should be discarded.
- Add crunchy toppings to avocado. This adds texture to the avocado and complements it well.
- Salt avocados! Salt elevates avocado toast’s flavor. Salt is the only thing you should add to avocado toast. You can use Himalayan salt or sea salt on your avocado toast.
How to Keep Avocados Fresh
What better way to start the day than with amazing crispy avocado toast. This is my favorite way to keep avocados perfectly ripe for as long as 3-4 days.
- Buy when almost ripe.
- Once the fruit is soft to the touch, don’t squeeze too hard.
- Keep the leftovers in a sealed container or plastic bag with the pit intact.
- Cut off any brown edges prior to use.
Avocado toast: The best bread
Avocado toast is great with multigrain, whole grain, and white bread. To ensure that the avocado is evenly toasted, toast should be toasted properly. Avocado toast should be toasted on a golden brown crispy bread.
Avocado Toast: Toppings Ideas
Avocado toast toppings are many. My favorite way to enjoy avocado toast is with red pepper flake and vegan parm.
Here are some suggestions:
- ground flax seeds, sesame seeds and other seeds you like are all great to add to this recipe
- Leftover roasted veggies
- Sliced vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, radish)
- Fresh greens: baby spinach, baby kale and arugula. Also, mixed greens, sprouts and microgreens.
- Fresh herbs (cilantro, parsley, dill)
- Nutritional yeast
- Hot sauce
- Pickled red onions
- Fried egg and tofu
- Flaky sea salt (salt is very important)
- Spices (black peppers, turmeric, chili powders, chili powders, garlic powders, smoked paprika).
Let us know if you make this healthy, simple breakfast or snack. Leave a comment and rate the recipe. Don’t forget to tag #veganiac in your Instagram photos, and to share it on Pinterest! We would love to see your ideas. Cheers, friends!
- 2 slices of bread (Whole-Grain Seeded, Wheat or the one you prefer)
- 1/2 – 3/4 avocado, medium ripe
- 2 Tablespoons of vegan parmesan
- ½ tsp of red pepper flake
- Sesame seeds (optional)
How to make Vegan Avocado Toast Instructions
- First, toast the bread using toaster (if you don’t have toaster, you can toast it in the oven) . Use a fork or a spoon to smash the avocado. Add vegan parmesan cheese, and optionally, a red pepper flake and sesame seeds. Eat, repeat, enjoy!
Some important notes:
Avocados should be purchased when they are almost ripe to preserve their perfect quality. Slice avocados once they are soft to the touch.
- Serving Size: 1 2/3 cup
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 17.2g.
- Polyunsaturated Fat is 1.9g.
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g.
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg.
- Sodium: 378mg
- Potassium: 412mg
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Sugar: 3.1.6g
- Vitamin A: 103IU Vitamin
- C 8.7 mg
- Calcium 31 mg
- Iron: 1.18 mg