Need an idea for a great and tasty vegan sandwich, look no more, I present you today bbq tempeh sandwich recipe, one of my favorite sandwiches.
Tempeh is a sort of soy-bean cake.
It doesn’t have much flavor, but this is a plus in our case since we are going to give this ingredient a new identity and a great taste to complement one of the best tempeh sandwiches ever.
Feel free to add ingredients as pickles and any other vegetable of your choice to this sandwich. This recipe is also easy and simple enough to be prepared in less than 1 hour.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
The ingredients for BBQ TEMPEH SANDWICH are:
- 14 oz Tempeh
- 7 oz BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Smoked Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 4 oz Vegan Yogurt
- 0,5 oz Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Water
- 8 Sandwich Bread Slices
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Pepper
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 oz Edamame
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
These are the steps to follow to prepare this recipe:
- Begin by mixing together the water and the BBQ sauce. Add the smoked salt and the paprika
- Add the vinegar and half of the red bell pepper cut into small dices. At last, add the soy
- Pour this mixture into a small pot and almost bring it to a boil.
In the meantime, cut the tempeh into 1⁄4 inch slices,
- Once the BBQ sauce mixture is hot enough, pour it into a large bowl or pan, and lay the tempeh slices in it.
- Leave them to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- After that time, your tempeh should have absorbed so much flavor, but it needs to be pressed to remove any excess liquid from it.
- Cook the tempeh on the BBQ, make sure to place a baking paper sheet underneath to avoid it from sticking to the grill.
- Also, season the sandwich bread slices with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper and place them on the grill too.
- Cut the remaining sweet bell pepper into slices and also cook it on the BBQ, seasoning with just a drop of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Flip the tempeh upside down every 3 minutes, this will help us to get a perfectly cooked tempeh.
- Complete each tempeh slice by layering the sliced tomatoes with lettuce and the roasted tempeh.
- To garnish, we will prepare a soy yogurt sauce.
- Mix together the yogurt and the lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt and spread it all over the tempeh.
- Serve Immediately.
And that’s it, let me know in the comment section how it turned for you, I would really like to know.