Vegan frittata muffins! Today’s delicious, fluffy, flavorful, and moist treat. This chickpea flour frittata recipe is ideal for nutritious on-the-go snacks for your friends and family. Muffins with the added goodness of colorful vegetables are a super perfect snack.
The dairy-free, fat-free, egg-free and high fiber and protein-packed muffins turn out pretty awesome. The flavor of frittata muffins gets doubled when served with a sizzling roasted red pepper and tahini sauce.
Wear your apron, take out these basic pantry ingredients, and move on to trying this healthy cuisine.
- Olive oil: 1 TBSP
- Asafoetida powder: a pinch
- Chopped green pepper: 1 cup
- carrots: ½ cup (chopped)
- broccoli: 1 cup (chopped)
- red bell pepper: 1 cup (chopped)
- Riced cauliflower: 1 cup
- Baby spinach: 1 cup
- Ginger powder: ½ TSP
- Ground Black pepper: 1 TSP
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Gram Flour Batter Preparation
- Gram flour: 2 cups
- Nutritional yeast: ¼ cup
- Salt: 1 TSP
- Baking powder: 1 TSP
- Ground black pepper: ¼ cup
- Paprika powder: 1 TSP
- Ginger powder: ½ TSP
- Ground thyme: ½ TSP
- Water: 2 cups (little at a time)
Ingredients for Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Roasted red pepper: 1
- Tahini: ¼ cup
- Lemon juice: ½ TSP
- Salt: ½ TSP
- Unsweetened almond milk: ½ cup
- Chopped fresh parsley: ½ cup
- Paprika powder: ½ TBSP
- Firstly, chop all the vegetables.
- Take a neat and clean pan and put it on the stovetop.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil in the pan.
- Then, put in a recommended quantity of asafoetida powder.
- Now, add in the pan all the chopped vegetables.
- Sprinkle in some ginger powder, ground black pepper, and some salt to taste.
- Sauté all the vegetables until you can feel that characteristics stir-fried vegetables aroma.
- Now, move on to making gram flour batter.
- Take a bowl, add in all the dry ingredients and mix them.
- Now prepare a smooth batter by adding water.
- Next, put the chopped vegetables into the batter and mix them so that vegetables get evenly distributed into the gram flour.
- Once the muffin batter gets ready, proceed towards the final step. Take a muffin tray and spray some oil on it.
- Then, fill the muffin tray with two-third of the batter. Tap to equally distribute the batter in the mold. You can also give a gentle stir with a spoon.
- Finally, bake the muffins at 400° F for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, the frittata muffins are getting baked, prepare your sauce.
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce preparation
- To roast the bell pepper, apply some oil on it and place it in the oven at high heat.
- Now add all the sauce ingredients to the blender and you will end with perfect roasted red pepper sauce.
- Finely chop the fresh parsley, and sprinkle it over the sauce.
- Now get the muffins off the oven
- Let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Plate them up and enjoy with a sizzling sauce.
Tips for Vegan Frittata Muffins
- Sift all the dry ingredients to make a smooth chickpeas batter.
- Switch up the vegetables as much as you want, as long as you use at least 4 cups.
- Stir in 1 cup of the water until you have a smooth paste with no lumps, then stir in the rest of the water. This will prevent dry chickpea flour lumps from forming in your frittatas.
- Thoroughly combine all the ingredients to make sure equal distribution of the veggies in the batter.
- You do not have to grease a non-stick tin because the frittatas will fall out when turned over. To release them, lightly tap the tin on a hard surface.
- If you don’t have a non-stick pan and still don’t want to spray oil on the muffin tin, then you should allow the muffins to get cooled for almost 30 to 40 minutes. Use a knife to get the muffins out. Scoop them out gently with a soft hand.
- You can use any dairy-free milk of your choice to add to the sauce. Keep in mind that it should be unsweetened milk.
How should I store the chickpea flour muffins?
You can store the muffins in a refrigerator for up to one week. To store muffins for longer, freeze them in an air-tight container for almost 3 months.
How to reheat frittata?
To enjoy your delicious frittata muffins, the next morning, reheat them in the oven for 30 seconds. You can also re-bake them for 10 minutes at 350° F.
Why did my muffins get soggy?
You might have started eating the muffins immediately after baking them. If you want your muffins to get a firm texture, let them get cooled for at least 10 minutes. Sometimes the vegetables you opt for making frittata muffins require additional time, so it is better to let the muffins hold their shape for about 30 minutes before taking them off the pan.
Why did my muffins turn out dry?
The frittata muffins turn out dry when the batter is overmixed or overcooked. Try to avoid mixing your savory muffin batter more than 12 times. Don’t overcook the muffins. A soft and moist texture is what you need to enjoy a true muffin’s taste.
Can I make these muffins without Chickpea flour?
No, it’s not possible. This vegan version of the frittata muffins uses chickpea flour as a base instead of eggs. If you are short of chickpea flour, you can buy it from a local market, or just grind the chickpeas in a high-speed blender to make homemade flour. It will hardly take one minute to make them into a perfect flour consistency.
Here is the approximate nutritional analysis of the vegan frittata muffins.
- Calories per serving: 120
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Proteins: 5g
- Fats: 8g
These vegan savory muffins are the perfect snack if you don’t have time for breakfast during your hectic weekdays. Give this recipe a try, and let me know your experience via comments.
Must share with your health-conscious friends to let them enjoy this yummy meal.
Don’t forget to rate us below.