This post may contain affiliate links
A vegan cheese board looks great at parties and is a simple recipe you can use when having friends. Here are some easy steps to make your own best vegan cheese board.
When it comes to entertaining, a vegan cheese board is the best choice. It is the easiest dish to prepare, yet it impresses more than any other. This dish is the ideal centerpiece for any event, as it can be made as simple or complex as you wish.
There are many delicious, cultured, and artisan vegan kinds of cheese available. It can be overwhelming to create a plant-based cheeseboard today, as there are so many options. This post will show you how to create your ultimate vegan cheese and grazing board.
Here are my top tips and tricks to help you make a gorgeous plant-based cheeseboard. You’ll learn all about the importance and differences between different cheese types, colors, textures, and tastes so that you can make a vegan cheeseboard in no time. It is a very simple process. Once you get the hang of it, you can modify it to create your own seasonal or themed spreads. Enjoy!
Tips For the Ultimate Vegan Cheese Board Ideas
Cheese boards are easy to assemble and require no effort. These boards are, in essence, simple food. They consist of cheese, bread, and fruit. Keep it simple if in doubt – refer to my recipe below and use only minimal ingredients.
If you’re not confident, don’t crowd your board with too many flavors. A mess of flavors that don’t mesh together is far less impressive than a plate of cheese, crackers, and fruit.
It is important to consider the size of your cheese board
It does matter what size your board is. Make sure you use the right-sized board for your ingredients. Are you limited to one type of cheese? Great. You can place them on a smaller plate or cutting board, so they don’t appear surrounded by empty space. Perhaps you are making your cheese board with #healthyfood. Fantastic! It will look great!
I love the idea of a well-packed cheese board to make it stand out. It’s not the amount of cheese on a cheeseboard that attracts people to eat it, but how many there is.
Cheese Board Color is key.
Although it sounds simple, a cheese board that is completely white is not appealing to everyone. When creating a snacking board, color is crucial. Even the simplest platter can look great with a few pops of color. To draw people to your board, scatter berries, colorful jams, and attractive fruits such as fresh berries.
Add texture to your Cheese Board.
Contrasting textures are just as important to make your vegan cheeseboard stand out. It doesn’t have to be difficult, and it’s probably something you already do.
Smooth, creamy cheeses can be placed next to crusty French or Italian bread or fresh berries and a creamy cashew sauce. This will give your board layers of texture and make it look delicious.
Cheese Board is all about (Quality-Vegan) cheese.
Cheese is obviously the most important component of your platter. I hope we are all on the same page! It’s obvious that making cheese the star of a vegan cheese board is important.
You can offer your guests a variety of flavors if you are planning a large meal. Mix and match any combination of hard, creamy, aged or herbed blue.
Don’t think that being vegan means you have no other options. Being vegan was a blessing for me as I didn’t like the dairy-like taste of cheese. It opened my eyes to a whole new world of plant-based artisan cheeses I had never tried before.
These Flavors can be paired.
While it is important to try different cheeses, make sure they don’t clash! You might consider a creamier, smoother cheese to go with tangy blue cheese.
This is true for all items on your board. You can also add tangy items such as olives or pickles to complement a creamy cheese.
Mix sweet and savoury together – fruit preserves can be paired with salty cheeses or crusty breads to create a delightful contrast.
Go Seasonal With Your Cheese Board
Strawberry cheese boards are delicious, but strawberries only come in season for a limited time. Use seasonal ingredients whenever possible to create a sophisticated grazing table.
Beautiful platters can be made with fruits such as figs (pomegranates), pears, red currents, persimmons, red currents, and cranberries. Although you may not like to eat the whole fruit raw, there are many ways that they can be used in your spread. For example, make cranberry preserve.
Simple Recipe: The Best Vegan Cheese Board
I hope you found this post helpful. You can make a vegan cheeseboard as easily or complicated as you like. It all boils down to a simple formula that can be modified to fit any size or type of platter.
Cheese Board Formula
Cheese with Bread/Crackers, plus something Sweet/Savory Spread, also Some Fruit and Something Tangy or Pickled, and of course, some Nuts.
You can also add some Plant-based ‘Meats’ and Dips
If this seems a little overwhelming, you can follow my example recipe below!
How to make the Ultimate Vegan Cheese Board
When it comes to Holiday entertaining, a cheeseboard is the best option. This easy recipe will show you how to create the perfect vegan cheeseboard that your guests will love.
Prep Time20 minutes
Total Time25 minutes
Cuisine: French, British, GF, Vegan
Servings for 8
Pin the image below if you like this vegan cheese board!
- 3 Vegan cheeses (includes a variety of flavors and styles).
- 1 jar of savory spread, pate, or tapenade
- 1 jar preserve or sweet jam
- 1-2 loaves of good quality artisanal bread (sourdough bread, walnut bread, French baguette, etc. – Gluten-free if necessary).
- 1 pack of savory crackers
- 1 jar salty or tangy such as pickles, olives in brine or sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, or pickles,
- 2-3 cups fruit/berries (a mixture of fruits such as figs/pears, apples, grapes, and/or seasonal berries works well)
- 1 cup mixed nuts (walnuts or toasted almonds are great options)
- You can add some vegan meats, including sausages and hams.
- Decorate with sprigs of colorful flowers or herbs
- Spread your cheeses, and spreads/preserves on a platter/board. To balance the visual balance, they should be spread on different parts of the board. For decoration, make a few wedges from cheese wheels.
- Slice or chop small pieces of bread. Spread them around with the rest of the loaf.
- Spread the spreads and cheeses around the crackers in the same manner.
- Cut slices of vegan meats and place them near crackers.
- Place groups of your tangy food (olives or artichokes, etc.) around the board. Place groups of your tangy foods (olives, artichokes, etc.) around the board near the cheeses. You can also place them in their jars on the board.
- Slice fruits such as apples and pears thinly. Slice figs and apricots in half. Place the fruits/berries in clusters on the cheeseboard.
- To fill in any gaps on the board, add small clusters or nuts.
- To decorate the board, add some colorful veggies and sprigs from herbs.