This post may contain affiliate links
Hello there! Are you seeking a tasty and nutritious vegan burger recipe that is full of flavor and sure to impress? Look no further because I have the perfect solution for you! The Tofu Katsu Burger is my twist on the famous Katsu burger. This burger is excellent for vegetarians and anybody trying to add more plant-based alternatives into their diet since it is prepared with extra firm tofu, covered in a crispy panko breading, and served with a tangy slaw made with purple cabbage, carrot, and apple.. So, let’s get cooking and have a Tofu-licious time!
5 Reasons this Vegan Katsu Burger is Splendid:
- It’s vegan and plant-based: This dish is ideal for vegetarians and anybody wishing to increase their plant-based intake. It’s an excellent substitute for typical beef burgers.
- It’s flavorful: The crispy panko breading on the tofu, along with the acidic slaw prepared with purple cabbage, carrot, and apple, creates a flavor explosion in your tongue.
- It’s simple to make: This dish is simple to follow and may be produced using common items. It’s ideal for individuals who are new to cooking or have limited time.
- It’s adaptable: You may tailor this recipe to your preferences. You may make the slaw with various vegetables and fruits and the burger with various toppings.
- It’s nutritious: The tofu and vegetables in this meal provide a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. It’s also low in calories, making it an excellent choice for individuals monitoring their weight.
Here are some tips to make an Awesome Tofu Katsu Burger:
- For the finest results, use extra firm tofu. Firmer tofu will keep its shape better during the breading and frying procedure.
- Before breading, squeeze out as much water as possible from the tofu. This ensures that the breading adheres to the tofu and crisps up.
- Avocado oil has a high smoke point and will give the tofu a lovely crispiness when cooking.
- The slaw may be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated for up to a day before serving.
To suit your taste, feel free to experiment with different types of vegetables and fruits for the slaw.
- Serve with your favorite vegan toppings, like avocado, tomato, or vegan cheese.
- If you don’t have panko breadcrumbs, ordinary breadcrumbs or crumbled cornflakes would suffice.
- Adjust the spiciness to your preference by adding more or less sriracha to the slaw.
Try these similar Recipes!
Tofu Katsu Burger Recipe
The Tofu Katsu Burger is a tasty and nutritious vegan alternative to the famous Katsu burger! This dish has extra firm tofu wrapped in a crunchy panko breading and served with a zesty slaw prepared with purple cabbage, carrot, and apple.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Number of Servings: 2
- Calories per serving: about 300-350
- 2 burger buns
- 1 cup oil
- 150g extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 5g leafy greens
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 purple cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 apple
- 1 stick of green onion
- 2 tbsp mayo
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 cup cornflakes
- Make thick patties out of the extra firm tofu.
- To make the slaw, thinly slice the purple cabbage, thinly slice the carrot and apple into matchsticks, and finely chop the green onion. Set them aside in a bowl with mayo, curry, a touch of salt, and sriracha.
- In a small mixing basin, combine the flour, soy sauce, and water until it forms a thick paste.
In a separate small bowl, combine the panko and cornflakes.
- Coat the tofu in the sticky flour mixture before coating it with the panko.
- Toast the burger buns for 1 minute on each side in a dry frying pan before placing them on a cooling rack.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil to medium.
- Place the breaded tofu in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Place the tofu on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Assemble the burger by layering leafy greens on the bottom bun, followed by the tofu katsu and a big scoop of the crunchy slaw. Serve topped with toasted sesame seeds.
Did you like this Tofu Katsu Burger Recipe?
I hope you liked creating and eating this Tofu-Licious Vegan Tofu Katsu Burger dish! This dish is a tasty and nutritious alternative to the traditional Katsu burger, prepared with extra firm tofu and wrapped in a crispy panko breading and served with a tangy slaw made with purple cabbage, carrot, and apple. It’s ideal for vegetarians and anybody wishing to increase their plant-based intake.
How did you find this recipe? I’d love to hear your thoughts and any variants you’ve tried. Don’t be afraid to share it with your friends and family, and remember that you can always change it to fit your preferences. Good luck in the kitchen!