This post may contain affiliate links
If you are an ice cream lover and have trouble with dairy, I’m going to share this recipe for Vegan Stracciatella Ice Crem. Stracciatella ice cream is traditionally a milk ice cream with chocolate chunks strewn throughout. If you’re a vegan, I will make you enjoy this creamy and velvety dessert with dairy-free variations. Our stracciatella ice cream pairs delicate crumbly dark chocolate flakes for a very delicious and rich dessert.
What could be better than this amazing treat at home? Of course, nothing. This recipe is super easy. All you need is an ice cream maker and a high-speed blender. Don’t worry, if you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make a perfect vegan stracciatella ice cream at home. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s celebrate with this homemade perfect Stracciatella Ice cream recipe.
Let’s get into making vegan stracciatella ice cream with these simple ingredients.
- Cashew nuts ¾ cup
- Canned Coconut milk 50 fluid ounce
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Maple syrup 4 tbsp.
- Dark chocolate 85% 3 ½ ounce
- Take out your high-speed blender. Blend all the ingredients at high speed for a minute or two until they turn into a smooth and creamy mixture. It looks not only pretty cool but also smells delicious.
- Turn on your ice cream machine and pour in the chilled ice cream base.
- let the machine run for 10 minutes or until your creamy mixture turn into a perfect ice cream consistency.
- Meanwhile, the ice cream is getting done; move on to making a chocolate sauce to give your vegan Stracciatella ice cream an amazing flavor.
- To prepare chocolate sauce, put a saucepan on the stovetop, add in some water, and bring it to a boil.
- Now turn off the flame and place a metal bowl over the saucepan.
- Break up the bar of 85% dark chocolate into small pieces. Add in the bowl, and stir gently until they melt.
- Now add melted chocolate to the ice cream machine. Run few seconds and turn it off.
- Your perfect dairy-free stracciatella ice cream is ready. Now place it in the freezer for a couple of minutes, serve it to your friends and family and have fun.
- Soften the cashew nuts by soaking them overnight.
- I recommend you use full-fat coconut milk instead of the light one if you want to make your ice cream milky and creamy.
- I know you love ice cream, and you want as much out of the machine as you can, but never fill the ice cream for more than three quarters. Otherwise, it will spill over the sides, creating a mess.
- A chilled ice cream base will work better than the one at room temperature.
- I have added 85% dark chocolate; you can also go for other versions like 70 or 75%. The darker the chocolate, the healthier your ice cream will be.
- Never add hot chocolate into the ice cream machine because it will make your ice cream brown in color. Ice cream with some streaks of chocolate will look more pretty and tempting.
- Swirl the chocolate in the form of a thin stream when the ice cream is ready.
- When ice cream is made, it doesn’t mean you are done. You have just obtained a creamy mass; now, you have to keep it in the freezer for some time to make it firm enough to enjoy a perfect ice cream texture.
- If you don’t have an ice cream machine, then pour the blended mixture into the ice cream pan lined with parchment paper. Break the ice cream into small pieces with the spatula and place it in the freezer. Mix the ice cream after every 30 minutes to avoid crystallization. Once your ice cream is done, you can spread the chocolate in the form of layers.
Here are the roughly calculated nutrition facts about vegan Stracciatella ice cream.
- Calories per 100ml: 200 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Fats: 9.8 g
What is stracciatella ice cream made of?
When you hear the word stracciatella ice cream, it means it is something prepared by swirling chocolate into the running ice cream machine. When this chocolate comes in contact with the chilled ice cream, it turns into delicate flakes. This flaky ice cream melts in your mouth and gives your tongue a milky and creamy taste.
How to store ice cream?
I would recommend you to make as much ice cream as you can utilize in a day or two. To store the stracciatella ice cream, use sealed containers covered with plastic. This will reduce the chances of crystallization. When you get the ice cream out of the container, try scrapping motion than scooping out so deeply. These tips will reduce the chances of forming ice crystals.
How to fix grainy ice cream?
Sometimes your ice cream gets grainy, which really sounds weird when eaten. The reason behind the development of grains is that the water in the cream liquefies and then solidifies again, forming crystals. When these crystals stick together, it ends up in forming grains. To fix this grainy texture and make your ice cream smooth again, blend your ice cream and freeze it again. You can freeze your ice cream in an
air-tight container to avoid crystallization. Fill the ice cream to the top of the container to avoid the escape of air and moisture into the freezer. As homemade ice creams do not have any added preservatives, it is better to eat the ice cream sooner than preserving it for longer.
Ice cream made at home is considerably superior to ice cream purchased at a store. With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can prepare a perfect vegan stracciatella ice cream at your home. You can also make changes to the recipe to suit your preferences. Please do let us know if your adjustments worked well. I’m all ears.
Share your experience in the comments box. Also, like and share this recipe with your friends and family.