This post may contain affiliate links
Vegan M&M cookies are a healthier and essential nutrient. They are high in fiber because of healthier oat flour. These are soft and chewy and have perfectly crispy edges. It is packed with melted chocolate. They are similar to chocolate chip cookies. It is not greedy and oily and has a nice balance of sweet ad salt.
The best part of this recipe is that you don’t need to chill the dough. The dough takes no time to mix, and you can put it into the oven from the mixing bowl. You will get crispy and chewy cookies in very little time. These are loaded with crushed M&M.
These M&M cookies are best for any occasion. These are allergen-friendly.
It can be made in 20 minutes and the cooking time is almost 10 minutes.
Here are the ingredients used in the recipe:
- 1 ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Vegan Butter
- ¼ Cane sugar
- Aquafaba – 3tbsp.
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Flax egg
- Unreal Vegan M&M
Kitchen tools used in the recipe:
Following are the tools that are used in recipe making:
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Measuring cups
- Folk, knife, and spoon.
- Electric whisk
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl.
- Take a bowl and add butter to it. Now add cream and make it fluffy. Add sugar and cream after a minute. Add flax egg and vanilla extract into the bowl and mix it well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix the flour into the mixing bowl and whisk it well until it becomes a thick dough.
- Now add chocolate gems into the dough and place it at the cool temperature for almost 20 to 30 minutes.
- Make cookie balls from the dough and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake these cookies for 10 to 20 minutes in preheated oven or until cooked completely.
It contains 154-kilo calories.
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
Tips for the vegan M&M cookies:
Here are some tips to make cookies more delicious:
- Measure the flour correctly: Weigh the flour using a spoon and leveling method. Add the flour to the measuring cup with the help of the fork. Use the knife for leveling the flour in the measuring cup.
- Don’t freeze the Dough: Freezing the dough can make dry cookies as oat flour becomes dry when chilled.
Substitution for vegan M&M cookies recipe ingredients:
Many alternate ingredients can be used. Following are the alternative ingredients:
- If you don like oat flour use almond flour. Reduce the amount of almond flour in case if you are using it.
- Maple syrup can be used instead of sugar. If you use maple syrup instead of sugar, it may take a little higher flour.
- Applesauce is the best alternative to aquafaba. You can use flax egg also. Dissolve the flax seeds for 10 minutes in 3 tablespoons of water. The water can be replaced with dairy milk.
- In vegan cookies, eggs can be replaced by bananas as they are good binding agents. Chia seeds can also be used as a substitution for eggs.
- Butter can also be replaced by coconut oil. You can use vegan oil as well. Coconut oil is a better option as it can make a rich-tasting cookie.
Can you store these cookies?
After baking the cookies, you can store these cookies in the freezer in an air-tight container. You can freeze the dough also for almost three months in the freezer.
Benefits of vegan M&M cookies:
As M&M cookies are gluten-free, it is soft and healthy. Oat flour is used in this recipe, and it is healthier. Oat flour is gluten-free, and it makes the taste of cookies extra delicious and buttery.
What makes cookies soft and crispy?
Butter with milk and water to a cookie can soften the cookies.. Brown sugar can also soften the M&M cookies. Using granulated sugar, fat and baking the cookies on slow heat can make these cookies crispy and soft.
Types of M&M:
You can use mini and original M&M. Mini M&M can scatter across each cookie. Original M&M provides great flavors. It makes the cookie crunchier. But it can cause clunky in cookies. For this purpose, crushed M&M can be used in the cookies.
Flavor M&M can also be used in these cookies. Different flavors are available in the market. You can choose the flavor you like. Coffee, cookies & cream, or peanuts M&M are available and can be used instead of original M&M.
What is the difference between vegan m&m cookies and regular M&M cookies?
Vegan M&M cookies need fats to use instead of butter and also with sugar and flour. Vegan cookies don’t have animal products in the recipe.
What causes a cookie to spread?
Fats present in the dough can spread the cookie. If enough flour is not present in the dough, the cookie will be overspread.
Let’s Sum Up
Vegan M&M cookies are soft and chewy in taste. There is a difference between vegan cookies and regular traditional cookies as vegan cookies don’t use animal products, so many substitution ingredients can be used. These cookies have a lot of protein, fats, and carbohydrates, which are good for health. Oat flour is the healthiest ingredient in the recipe of vegan cookies.