This post may contain affiliate links
Are you a true vegan? But can you resist in front of the doughnuts? I am damn sure you can’t. Don’t worry at all. You can make Vegan Boston Cream Donuts at home. They are the yummiest donuts ever. Also, they are very easy to cook. All you need to do is to know the right method of cooking.
Vegan Boston Cream Donuts are very simple, but the recipe is a little bit different. For knowing their recipe, you will have to read the whole article. Many of us don’t know the exact recipe. You won’t believe that ingredients are totally different from those that are used in other donuts. So, this will be surprising for you.
In the following article, I will tell you the exact ingredients and recipe. By following that, true vegetarians can also enjoy the ingredients. No one can say no to the donuts. In this case, we should go for alternative ways. One of the best ways is to use dairy-free products.
Let’s have an eye on the ingredients and recipe of the vegan Boston cream donuts recipe. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s move towards the recipe of these mind-blowing donuts.
As I mentioned earlier, the ingredients are quite different. So, read them with great concentration. Otherwise, you will not be able to cook the perfect vegan donuts. By one wrong ingredient, your recipe no longer remains vegan. Let’s have a check on the ingredients that are used in this recipe.
- 1 cup soy milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. instant yeast
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter
- Apple Sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate
All of these ingredients are easily available everywhere. You can also find them in your home. Ingredients are quite easy but a little bit different.
Carefully follow all these steps. Otherwise, you can spoil the whole recipe.
- Take a large bowl. Add yeast, soya milk, and sugar into it. Keep it aside. So, the yeast will rise properly.
- Once the yeast has risen, add melted vegan butter, flour, salt, apple sauce, and vanilla into it. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Then knead the dough with the help of your hands. Keep on dusting it with the flour in order to avoid mess.
- Once you are satisfied with the dough, then keep it aside for half an hour.
- After raising the dough, knead it again with your hands.
- Give the shape to donuts. Cover them with a towel for some time.
- Heat the oil into the pan. Be generous while adding the oil. After that, start adding donuts to it.
- When the donuts start changing their color to light brown, you can turn off the flame.
- It’s time to make the chocolate glaze. In a bowl, add chocolate, butter, and sugar.
- Bake them in the oven for 30 minutes. Your chocolate glaze is ready. Now, you can pour it on the donuts.
- It’s time to serve the vegan Boston cream donuts.
- You can also decorate them with sprinkles. It’s totally optional.
Share the image below to your Pinterest board if you like these vegan Boston Cream Donuts Recipe!
Tips & Tricks for Vegan Boston Cream Donuts
You will have to handle the donuts with a lot of care. Let’s dig into the details of tips.
Don’t overcook the donuts:
When you see the light brown color on the donuts, turn off the flame. Otherwise, they will turn dark brown in color. And they will look like burnt ones. Also, the taste will be spoiled. Be active when your donuts are trying in the pan. Your small mistake can destroy all of your efforts.
Deep fry the donuts:
We have used an oven for baking our donuts. You can also deep fry them by adding a large quantity of oil into the pan. Donuts will not rise if you will not add enough oil. Their shape and color depend upon the quantity of oil that you add to a pan. So, don’t take a risk.
Let The Yeast Rise First
First, keep the yeast for some time so that it will rise properly. Yeast is for fastening the process. It will not work properly if you do not keep it aside. It’s an important step which you have to follow. After rising, you can add it to the flour mixture.
Can I skip yeast?
NO! it is important to use yeast in this recipe. If you skip this ingredient, the dough will not rise properly, and donuts will not get the perfect shape.
For how much time should we keep the dough?
In hot weather, you can keep it for half an hour. But in winters, at least one to two hours will be required for rising.
Is yeast a dairy-free ingredient?
Yeah, yeast is totally a dairy-free ingredient. Use it without any hesitation.
How to decorate your donuts?
Let’s Sum Up
If you want to eat perfect vegan Boston cream donuts, then you will have to follow the whole method in the same manner. The method was so simple and short. You can cook them anytime and anywhere. How’s that? Quite fascinating. So, why are you waiting too long? Go and start making your donuts right now in order to satisfy your cravings.
Try the recipe and share it with your friends and family. They will love it too.