This post may contain affiliate links
Best homemade Vegan Pancakes with Einkorn Flour is one of the most requested recipes. Not only kids but adults too find pancakes super yummy. These pancakes are mildly flavored with vanilla and are not overly sweet.
When served with pancakes, all vegans feel extra special, and why shouldn’t they? Pancakes are supposed to be a wonderful treat, after all. You may serve it with honey, fruit, scrambled eggs, and a variety of other things once it’s done. I’m dam sure, you’ve all the ingredients in the kitchen to start with this recipe so, let’s wear the apron and begin cooking.
Here is my all-in-one recipe for fluffy and soft pancakes: quite easy to prepare, nutritious and, vegan-friendly.
Let’s get into the recipe and ENJOY!
Ingredients for an easy pancake recipe
- Einkorn flour 2 cups
- Baking powder 4 tbsp.
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla 1 tbsp.
- Maple syrup 2 tbsp. (100% organic)
- Almond milk 2 cups
- Coconut oil 4 tbsp. (Use in the melted state)
Instructions to make Delicious Vegan Einkorn Flour pancakes
- Take a mixing bowl and add 2 cups of einkorn flour (freshly ground preferred), 4 tablespoons of baking powder, and a pinch of salt to it. In short, mix all the dry ingredients. Baking powder will make your pancakes light, airy, and super soft.
- Take another bowl, add in the almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Then thoroughly mix all the wet ingredients.
- Now perfectly blend dry and the wet ingredients.
- Allow the mixture to rest for some time. Meanwhile, turn on the flame and let your pan heat up. Using a brush, lightly coat the pan in oil. Make your best vegan-friendly pancakes and serve them with the toppings of your choice.
Successful tips and tricks
- Accurately weigh all the required ingredients.
- You can pass the dry ingredients through a sieve to make a smooth batter.
- Use baking soda that you bought 4 to 5 months back. Too old baking soda will not give the required fluffiness. This shows that the quality of your ingredients matters a lot in preparing perfect pancakes.
- Avoid over-mixing your batter otherwise, pancakes will have a chewy texture.
- Don’t prepare your pancakes immediately after blending the ingredients. Set aside the mixture for 15 minutes. This will enhance the fluffiness of your pancakes.
- Use a non-stick pan with a deep bottom. A too-thin pan will not work best for this recipe.
- Toss the pancake with a thin spatula. To avoid smearing the pancake, raise it 2 inches above the pan and turn it quickly. This tip will end in round and smooth vegan pancakes.
Nutrition of einkorn vegan pancakes
Nutrition facts are based on the 4 servings of vegan-friendly einkorn pancakes
- 347 Calories
- Total Carbs 41g
- Dietary fiber 5g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 12g
- Fats 17g
- Saturated fats 9g
- Sodium 578mg
- Potassium 138 mg
How to store einkorn pancakes?
The pancakes can be stored in a freezer for a month. You can put your pancakes in a plastic bag that will maintain their quality for longer. In case you don’t want to freeze the leftover pancakes, then you can store pancakes for 2 days in a refrigerator.
How to reheat the frozen vegan pancakes?
The frozen pancakes can be heated in a microwave. The duration for heating pancakes can be up to 20 seconds for each side.
Why milk is added to the pancakes?
Milk is added to improve the spreading ability of the batter on the hot pan. It makes your batter less dense and also dissolves other ingredients easily.
When to flip the pancake?
The best time to flip pancakes is when the bubbles start to pop on the top. You will see visible holes on the surface which will indicate that now it’s time to flip. If you can’t see the holes, it means the uncooked batter is still present inside. A change in the color and texture will also give an indication of the endpoint.
Why my pancakes didn’t get fluffy?
The timing to prepare pancake batter is the key to a successful recipe. Always prepare your batter just before making pancakes. If you mix dry and wet ingredients the night before, it will end up making your pancakes stiff. The one thing you can do is, mix the dry and wet ingredients and store them separately. This will save your time as well as the recipe.
What is einkorn four?
Einkorn flour is a highly nutritious flour with high protein content. It was used by the ancient people. Its flavor is unique. The amount of gluten is low, thus making it a suitable choice for vegans. The best part is that this grain is pure as humans didn’t bring any changes in the genetic makeup of the grain. It is freshly ground and used in pancakes. The replacement of einkorn flour adds extra nutrition to your pancakes, making it a healthier option for your kids.
What are the benefits of replacing wheat flour with einkorn flour in the pancakes recipe?
Wheat flour is manipulated in terms of its genetic make so einkorn flour seems a healthier option. Einkorn pancakes are easily digested and make you feel light. Any person with a gluten allergy or sensitivity must make pancakes following my recipe because it will satisfy your sweet tooth without creating any health problems.
What’s the taste of einkorn flour?
The einkorn flour and the wheat flour are comparable in terms of taste, but einkorn flour makes your dish richer in flavor, giving it a nutty and crispy texture. That’s why the use of einkorn flour in a warm dish like vegan pancakes makes the recipe more unique and tasty.
When I made vegan pancakes, it turned out to be fantastic. Give these tempting and scrumptious pancakes a try; you’ll want to make them again and again.
Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my site. If you’ve tried this dish, let me know your feedback. Any queries or suggestions should indeed be posted in the comments section. I eagerly await your response!