This post may contain affiliate links
There is something that is great about the novelty of a vegan cake, it’s not only a healthy option, but it also tastes good. In this blog, I will be taking you through a vegan unicorn cake recipe that is sure to please a lot of folks.
The unicorn cake is enough to steal the whole show. It is a beautiful blend of light colors that looks very attractive. The caramel sauce, chocolate, and cream combo present an unforgettable taste. Unicorn Cake is unbeatable if we talk about the taste. At your kid’s birthday, unicorn cake is the best option. Set the theme and impress everyone with your preparations.
Unicorn cake is made up of a lot of dairy products. But what if you’re a vegetarian? You may resist in front of the cake, but you can’t resist in front of the unicorn cake. Unicorn cake is so attractive that everyone loves to eat it. If you are a vegetarian or vegan, then don’t worry at all. Now you can make vegan unicorn cake at home.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can mix and match ingredients to make it your own, so feel free to make changes and add your own spin to this delicious vegan cake.
- 800g of Self-raising flour
- 900ml of Almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
- One and a half teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 940g Castor Sugar
- 200g of Coconut Oil
- One and a half teaspoons of Bicarbonate soda
- 15 g of dairy-free Dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons of Vanilla extract
- 500g of icing Sugar
- 400g of Dairy-free butter
- Caramel Sauce as required
- Dairy-free milk (optional)
- Gold Colors as per your requirement
- White fondant
- Black fondant
Vegan Unicorn Cake Instructions
- Turn on the oven and preheat it to 180 degrees.
- Take four cake tins and cover them with butter paper.
- For preparing vegan buttermilk, mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Whisk it and set it aside for 10 minutes. Keep it until it starts curdling. In this way, buttermilk will be formed.
- Now combine all the dry ingredients, including flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, and baking powder. Mix all the ingredients with the help of a spoon.
- Now, add vanilla extract and coconut oil into the buttermilk. Mix them well.
- Now, melt the chocolate and add it to the dry ingredients. Then, add other wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix these ingredients properly.
- Now, add this mixture into four cake tins. Place them in the oven. Cook the cakes for 35 to 40 minutes. Let the cakes be cooked properly.
- Beat the butter with icing sugar and vanilla extract. The buttercream is ready. Now, apply buttercream to all of the four cakes. Pour some caramel sauce over them. Then, place the cakes over one another.
- Coat the whole cake with buttercream properly. And place it in the fridge for setting. After 2 hours, take out the cake.
- Add pink food color into the leftover buttercream. Also, add some light blue color to the buttercream. With the help of a piping bag, pour the colored buttercream over the cake.
- You can decorate it according to your choice. Create flowers and rainbows on the cake with the help of a piping bag.
- In the end, sprinkle some glitter on the cake. Use black and white fondant to make a unicorn.
Pin the image below if you like this unicorn cake recipe!
If you want your cake to turn out perfect, then you will have to take care of some things.
- Take care of quantity while adding colors. Using the dropper can help you out. Your unicorn cake will not look like the real one by adding too many colors.
- Make sure all of the ingredients are Dairy-free. As this is a vegan unicorn cake, you don’t have any choice to add dairy products.
- To avoid sticking of sponge with pan, cover the pan with butter paper. This enables you to take out the cake conveniently.
- Take care of the number of ingredients. Slight change in quantity can spoil the whole taste.
- Get some ideas from the internet for decorating the unicorn cake.
- The glitter that you will use should be edible.
What colors are used for making unicorn cake?
The two basic colors that are used in unicorn cake are light blue and baby pink. Both of these colors are enough to make your cake look like a unicorn. You can also add some stains of yellow color.
What kind of theme will look good with unicorn cake?
The theme in which you will not use dark colors is best. Keep the background bright. And decorate the whole area with blue and white balloons.
What to do when buttercream gets darker mistakenly?
Simply, add more buttercream. The color will become light automatically. For avoiding this kind of situation, use a dropper for adding colors.
What does vegan unicorn cake taste like?
There is no difference between vegan unicorn cake and simple unicorn cake. The flavor of this cake is gummy and fruit-like. Your taste buds will enjoy the slight taste of strawberry, lychee, and watermelon.
Vegan unicorn cake is fantastic whether you are celebrating the birthday of your son or daughter. In this cake, all the colors are neutral. And there is no doubt about it’s uniqueness. Enjoy the divine taste of vegan unicorn cake this year. And please your guests by presenting with the mind-blowing cake ever.
If you tried the recipe, share your experience in the comment box. We would love to hear from you.
How do you make the horn?